x

Need DELIVERY (not shipping) options

Contacted Weebly and was told they have zero capability for what I need. I am shocked that there is such a gaping whole in what is an otherwise robust e-commerce platform.

Why doesn't Weebly provide a way to set up delivery - NOT SHIPPING - fees? I created a site for a florist who, like many florists, does not ship long distances, but delivers (using her own shop's vehicles) to customers within about a 50 mile radius from her shop.

Am I the only person using Weebly who needs these features? Not providing this renders Weebly absolutely useless to me and, I'm sure, any other person needing to create an e-commerce site for florists, bakeries, or other small businesses providing local delivery of their products. 

I need to:

1. Set up delivery (not shipping) charges based on cities. For example, delivery to cities A & B is $10, delivery to cities C & D is $20, etc. And the option for no shipping charge if ordered online and picked up in the store.

2. Set up a calendar where customers can select a date/timeframe for delivery.

3. Be able to have multiple products in a single order delivered on different dates to different cities with different delivery charges. Example: Customer orders Item 1 to be delivered on 2/10/17 to city A, and orders Item 2 to be delivered on 2/15/17 to city C, etc.

4. Taxes not to be charged on delivery fees.

Any help???

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Hello Kelibrarian,

From what I understand, I think you need to setup an offline payment method for your store such as Cash on Delivery, so that customers pay when they receive their goods. If that is so the case, then you might want to vote for this feature here: https://community.weebly.com/t5/Vote-on-Features/Offline-Payment-for-store/idi-p/1901

Hope this is what you're looking for.

Message 5 of 6

Off line payment is no good.  Customers are rarely there when I deliver

Message 5 of 6

Hello BackyardBirder! Was there a particular method you've encountered that helps fill this niche when you deliver?

Message 5 of 6

I am looking for the same thing. We need the ability to choose shipping or delivery and then set up rates for both.
Message 6 of 6

I have a restaurant -- we don't ship, we deliver!

How hard can it be to allow the word shipment to be editable/changeable?

Alternatively, provide another choice of fulfillment option for delivery.

I can see this issue has been out there for over a year. 

I was told it is being worked on when I first started with Weebly/Square in January 2018. 

Sure would appeciate an ETA.

Thanks

Message 7 of 6