x

Paying for plan monthly

Weebly you lost me as a customer almost as soon as I signed up, because you advertise a monthly rate and it is not obvious until I wanted to upgrade so I could do ecommerce and upload my products and then it only gave me the option to pay for 6  months 1 year or 2 years all at once. Well it is your tough luck!  You will lose a lot of business.  

What you should be doing is offering a free trial so people can try out your features and see if you are the right fit and you should all so let people Pay monthly and make your Business less of a monthly payment than what Shopify is for their Basic plan. because   Your Business Plan from what I can see doesn't offer any where close to the features that you get in a Shopify Basic plan for the Same price and Shopify is only charging it monthly and offers a discount from the $30 per month if you pay a year or 2 years in advance   So Good Luck you won't last if you cannot compete

Message 1 of 31
Report Inappropriate Content
30 REPLIES 30
Square

I can understand your frustration even though it's a fairly common practice in terms of displaying pricing. I'm probably a little jaded to it since I've see it so much I expect it. To me it's like going to the the store and seeing the prices displayed as 3.99 instead of 4.00. 

Regarding your account, we have tools to access accounts from our end since it's often helpful in troubleshooting issues. In your case I wanted to make sure that it was displaying prices properly.

Message 28 of 31

I would really like to use Weebly, however, I find having to pay one yearly payment to be extremely off-putting especially when I am just setting up a business and money is tight. Weebly pricing structures lack flexibility and not everyone can afford the upfront cost especially for the ecommerce packages. Right now I will have to look for a provider that suits my needs as €276 is money that I can spend on equipment or materials.

Message 28 of 31
Square

Not sure if you noticed it, but we do have a monthly option available as well @JonConnor. Smiley Happy

Message 28 of 31

Hi Bernadette, yes I see that now, thank you. 

Message 28 of 31

Ok Weebly...I am trying to ALSO get the monthly plan--where is it?  You have stated several times on this thread that there is that option, but there is definitely not one when I go to "upgrade."   Literally the only choice I have is to pay yearly.  

Where is this mystical, magical, monthly plan you keep swearing you have?

Message 28 of 31
Square

Hi @nmseverson1. Where are you trying to upgrade from? When I log into your account I'm able to click Upgrade, then I can choose a plan. The next page shows 3 options:

Message 28 of 31

Thank you SO very much for this information!! Wix is the same way! I will go check out Shopify...again many thanks!!

Message 30 of 31
Square

Let us know if you have any more questions, @Pamelakjohnson Smiley Happy

Message 30 of 31

I had a free crap site for 2yr and often think of paying up only to find you can't really see what comes with each plan b4 purchase. I won't purchase something I can't see first. And seeing how many options I'm sure you get ripped off a few times b4 finding the right one. On the verge of moving to Adobe where I know what I get and is only $9mo for site builder. Thanks but no thanks weebly!
Message 32 of 31
Square

Sorry for the frustration! You can view the features of an upgrade by clicking on this link: https://www.weebly.com/pricing

Is there anything you need clarified? We are more than happy to help you out. 

Message 32 of 31