x

Re: iPhone 7 issues with viewing FAQ page

There appears to be an issue with how smartphones such as the iPhone 7 view the FAQ page, scrolling up and down the webpage is very unresponsive, the answer box expands instead of scrolling up and down. Would appreciate any advice or support

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Square

What page of your site do you have the element on, @Kevinng? It can be tricky when you have something like the FAQ element which has large tap-able areas.

Message 11 of 10

There are 7 pages in my website that use the FAQ funtion, namely the Crimes, Employee's Compensation, Matrimonial, Mediaiton, Medical Negligence, Personal Injury and China Notary pages under the FAQ heading. 

Message 11 of 10

Hey there! I went ahead and opened the site here. Touching the FAQ title areas will open or close the content, but using the lighter-colored side area to scroll should work normally.  Is that something that has been working for you there?

Message 11 of 10

Yes the lighter area seems to work. However, the lighter area seems to be very small when using a smartphone. Is there a way to make it bigger?

Message 11 of 10
Square

Probably only through some custom CSS changes. Are you familiar with CSS/HTML? If not another Community member might be able to help.

Message 11 of 10

Sorry i am not familiar with coding, would appreciate help from anyone on this matter.

Message 11 of 10

Hey @Kevinng, try adding this to Settings > SEO > Header Code:

<style>
	@media screen and (max-width: 900px)
	{
		.accordion
		{
			padding: 20px 30px !important;
		}
	}
</style>

That should add extra padding only when the screen is 900px wide or smaller. You can also adjust the "30" in that, since it controls padding on the left and right.

Message 11 of 10

There seems to be an issue where after I type the code into the box at SEO > Settings > Header Code, it doesn't save. After I publish or view another page, the code I type into the box disappears. Is this supposed to happen? Thanks!

Tags (1)
Message 11 of 10
Square

It looks like you're using Windows XP, @Kevinng. That operating system and any browsers running on it are going to very outdated, and likely to give you problems at any number of different sites. I'd recommend upgrading to a newer version of Windows so you can run up-to-date browsers.

Message 11 of 10