x

SSL certification for starter plan

Hi

I'm using Weebly for last 2 years now and have subscribed to starter pack as I'm using my website for photography portfolio. SSL certification is a basic requirement today as it gives, the visitors confidence to access the site & also, it's an assurance to website owner that his/her data/content is protected. Weebly seems to have a policy of giving SSL certification for only PRO plans onwards. I had purchased SSL certificate from a third party but Weebly seems to restrict the access for the same. 

I have an earnest suggestion, SSL certificate is not that costly and it should be included in the starter plan, if not then atleast website owner must be allowed to use his/her own SSL certificate. 

I hope, Weebly will consider this suggestion with an open mind.

Best,

Sarang

Message 1 of 88
87 REPLIES 87

I’m reading this in December and today was asked to upgrade to get SSL so I’m not sure about the message that said it was now available in October. Could anybody in Weebly advise as I can’t see anything on their site either.

thanks

Message 89 of 88
Square

Can you try again, @MFNZ? You should see an Enable button for your sites.

Message 89 of 88

Hi , I have starter plan, when I want to add SSL  it seems "Closed" and there is an upgrade button. When I clicked the Upgrade button I see the starter plan also has free SSL security you can see the picture .. Why I can't use it, although it seems in the plan.

Also, SSL certification  must given for free for all users even if they are unpurchased members.. Because it is one the basic requirements of a website.. this allows you to be more preferable, or at least avoids you to get out of the options...
imageimage

Message 89 of 88
Square

@dygtlr

Thanks for your patience. You are able to enable your SSL, however, you will need to update your domain dns settings with Go Daddy. Your A-records are currently pointing to 199.34.228.100 but you need to change them to 199.34.228.43

You can see this information if you log into your account and try to enable the SSL. Usually the settings will update right away but it can take 24-48 hours.

Please let us know if you have any questions. 

Message 89 of 88

I also cannot enable my SSL certificate as it shows I have to upgrade from my starter plan. How do I enable the SSL upgrade if it still shows the upgrade button? What does godaddy have to do with a weebly site?

Anni

Message 89 of 88
Square

Sorry about that, @annicreate. Can you refresh and try again? It should say "Enable" now instead of "upgrade".

Message 89 of 88

I also have a starter plan and SSL is "off" with only an "Upgrade" button. Can you do for me whatever you did for annicreate so that I can enable SSL?

Message 89 of 88
Square

Hi there, Smiley Happy

What is the domain name you are trying to add SSL to? I'm not seeing any sites in this account. I do see several sites in other accounts that are shared with you, though. 

Message 89 of 88

Hi, yes, I was logged in in another account. I'm looking for help with stpaulscathedralvt.org. SSL is working on the other sites I have access to.

Message 89 of 88
Square

Thanks so much for your patience, @stpaulsvt Running a bit behind today. Smiley Embarassed

You should be good to enable the SSL now. Let us know if you run into an issue.

Message 89 of 88

Also interested in this, have Starter Plan.

Thank you.

Message 89 of 88
Square

Can you try again, @sashab? It should work for you now.

Message 89 of 88

Yes!  Thank you!

Message 89 of 88
Square

No problem!

Message 89 of 88

Hello, I am having the same issue. I have the starter package, when I go to enable SSL it has the upgrade button and redirects to the upgrade page. Can you do for my site what you have done for the others? 

Thank you! 

Message 89 of 88
Square

Can you try again, @crmc-acp? You shouldn't be prompted to upgrade now.

Message 89 of 88

Thank you! I was able to go back in and enable it.

Thanks for the quick response! 

Message 89 of 88

Hello Adam, I also have the same issue. I have a starter plan but only Upgrade options is available in SSL settings.

when I go to enable SSL it has the upgrade button and redirects to the upgrade page. Can you do for my site what you have done for the others?

Thank you

Marzia

Message 89 of 88
Square

No problem @Marzia. Can you try again? It should be an ENABLE button now.

Message 89 of 88

thanks, I can enable. but now the setting show me this :  

SSL certificate configuration. Try again later.

it is correct?

waiting for your kind reply

marzia

Message 89 of 88
Square

Sometimes configuring a certificate isn't instant. If it's still like that now please let our support team know so they can take it to our engineers:

http://hc.weebly.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Message 89 of 88