x

Trouble uploading digital product

I just started a weebly business store which will be used for selling digital video files.

I am trying to upload a 550MB file without success.

From the product page, I click on my product, and at the bottom of the editing page where it says "Digital Downloads Upload files for your customers to download", and upload from there. The upload starts and the blue popup is there, but after a while simply quits and dissappears. I am wondering if this is due to my very slow upload speed? I am upgrading next week and hoping that will make a difference. Uploading 550MB takes a few hours to upoad, and I think it's after about 30 minutes that the upload just seems to cancel itself.

Is there another place where files can be uploaded from?

I have tried from both firefox and chrome. I was able to upload a small file of 50MB only.

Any help would be appreciated, I am waiting on this to get my commerce started!

Steve

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

I'm sure upgrading your internet connection will help. A lot of ISPs will throttle upload speeds on some plans, so if they bump that up for you it should make a difference.

View Best Answer >

Message 7 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Hi, Steve.

A slow internet connection could definitely be the culprit. Is there any way to upload it with a different connection (before you upgrade next week)?

Thanks,
Erin

Weebly Community Manager

Message 7 of 6

I can try to find a different one, although I have decided to upgrade anyways since I also upload to YouTube regularly and need the extra speed. Hopefully this is the problem and next week I will be set to start uploading!

Message 7 of 6
Square

Best Answer

I'm sure upgrading your internet connection will help. A lot of ISPs will throttle upload speeds on some plans, so if they bump that up for you it should make a difference.

Message 7 of 6

This has appeared to complete fix the problem. With my now upgraded upload speed I had no problem to upload two video files of 550MB and 750MB.

Thanks!

Message 7 of 6

That is so great to hear! Also, just happy for you that you have faster internet! Smiley Happy

Thanks for following-up, and have a great day.

Erin

Message 7 of 6