x

User Experience of Pick-Up option needs improvement: It's not rocket science

right now the design template creates "blindness" for customers to understand how to choose pickup. It's really bad because it's forcing customers to email me to refund shipping because they want to pick up. 

It's not rocket science to fix. Force them to choose, do not default to shipping. Use a larger type size to call attention to choosing which option.

Header for this requirement could be: Choose how to receive your order. Select either ship it or Pick-Up. Make it clear that Ship It is clickable and so to is Pick Up. --Or stated differently, confirm that the action/option chosen changes state -- and in a way that is overly clear. Don't use words like change fulfillment --fulfillment is jargon for the merchant. Use customer friendly wording -- How do you want to receive your order? is better. If this is too many words, then just present a required choice of "SHIP IT" or "PICK UP" ----but not as buttons, which is what they look like now. Use radial buttons for a simple choice. PLEASE, please improve this. My customers are getting so frustrated. I have to either spend time with them on the phone walking them through it, or I have to write an email explaining it -- which is rediculous. I end up telling them I'll now to refund shipping.  Thank you. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square

Thanks for the suggestion, @JRHerold06. It states in two different places right now before going to checkout what fulfillment method is being used, although I can see why you might rather it not pre-select one at all so the customer makes an specific, informed choice of what they want.

Message 7 of 6

Bottom line is that that pick up option, is missed or misunderstood by 50% of my customers. Are you passing the suggestions on to product managers, user experience people, or designers? If you leave this to developers only, it will never be addressed. Given that square/weebly introduced pick-up expressly in response to the virus, the goal is for it to be easily usable for the end user. It's clear to me, that my local customers, cannot tell how to choose pick up. Are you passing the feedback on? Your answer only points on what exists and acknowledges how why I'd suggest what I did. But you do not say you'll be passing the feedback on to the right people? If you had access to my account, you'd see the number of shipping cost refunds I have to do because of this. Fixing it isn't rocket science. It's on the front end.

Message 7 of 6

I'm just as frustrated about this. They still don't seem to have addressed it. The problem I'm having though, is that some of my customers don't even get the option to pick up. I've seen it with my own two eyes. Weebly claims I'm the only business who has reported this problem. A few people were able to select "Pickup" for one transaction, and then on their next purchase the option was missing. Same customer, same device. Weebly, please fix bugs and user experience with Pick-up option!

Message 7 of 6
Square

What product are you having trouble with, @eaf668? Perhaps you need to adjust the fulfillment settings. When I go to your site and choose a random item, I see the option to select ship or pick up in store. 

Message 7 of 6

Random items on random transactions. I've quadruple checked the fulfillment settings on all items, and that's not the issue. Weebly support keeps suggesting obvious fixes, all of which have not fixed the problem. It could be a problem with specific phones or browsers, but like I said in my original post, it's happening with repeat customers who were able to successfully choose pickup on previous orders. The first time I brought this up to Weebly tech support they had the same problem on their device. They had me republish the site, and that seemed to fix the issue, but then not too long after that more customers had the same problem. This has been going on for 2 months now.

Message 7 of 6