x

When a MEMBERSHIP type product is defined, give an option to select a default membership GROUP.

A simple enhancement, yet ESSENTIAL, to make Membership and the Membership Product Type useful, is to simply add a dropdown to select a default GROUP to add the user to when that product is purchased.  It doesn't need to be fancy, and have a cutoff date or anything, just ADD THEM TO A GROUP on purchase!!!!  Please add.  I could really use this.  I  pay alot for my BUSINESS site.  I don't think I should need to pay a third party for this simple functionality.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square

Thanks for the suggestion, @tomlaneguitar. There are different default groups for different products in your case, right? Outside of the Membership product, it is possible to set a default group for new members in Settings > Members, although that wouldn't be feasible if you need to it to be specific to what product they bought.

Message 6 of 5

Yes one default group does not really help me.  When a user buys a certain product, I want them to have access to that product page only.  That way different products can be sold to access different pages.  If I'm selling access to certain pages, ONE default membership group only allows me to sell one product.  (unless I manually associate after the purchase, which is a bad experience for the user to have to wait, and bad for me, as computers automate processes)..

It would be a very simple change to associate a default membership group WITH EACH PRODUCT.  It would greatly enhance your membership functionality, with minimal coding effort.  Please consider this change.

Message 6 of 5
Square

Ok, thanks for the additional info. I'll pass along your feedback. 

By the way, nice looking Gibson SG on your site. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 5

Thanks!

Message 6 of 5