x

White Text problem at Checkout

After days of frustration I have resorted to writing here

Problem - NEW THEMES do not work in Dark Mode at check out, Newsletter Signup, Coupon Code

Status - It was admitted to me by three people at Weebly that there is a "bug" on their end!

You would think they would be working on this but here we are 4 days later and no updates.

I am tired of getting the run around - anyone else having this problem.

Here is a temporary fix that I came up with - passed it along and was ignored.

You can type in the email address, coupon code etc.  BUT in order to see it you have to highlight it - it appears quite light but you can see it.  I am told that if a person registers on your site with an account it then shows up fine.

This situation is totally unacceptable and they should be ashamed to put out such an untested product.  

I have twice asked for a Manager to contact me - still waiting!

If I weren't getting ready for a trade show - I would be looking to build another site with another company.

Weebly - get your act together.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square

I'm sorry for the frustration and appreciate you leaving your feedback. We are not able to provide an eta for bug fixes, but hopefully the engineers will be able to address it soon. 

Message 3 of 7

I also get white text on a white box at check out. Will be extremely frustrating for customers. I can't find a way to solve this anywhere. Without getting this fixed now I'm going to have to sell my products elsewhere, which would be so annoying. Please help!!

Message 5 of 7

I'm so sorry you guys are going through this too!! After talking to two reps, they both agreed the only solution was for me to change my theme. ARGH! Now I'm stuck changing 1000s of item descriptions one by one to a dark font so they show up on the white background. (I do not like this. I liked the black background!) And TODAY, I find that the checkout isn't working! ARGH!! This is driving me nuts. Sales are bad enough with this virus hysteria, but now it's impossible for people to shop at our store. I want to cry! and no customer service because Weebly has gone to bed. For some reason, at checkout, when I click "login", nothing shows up! There are no fields to write in. It just says "Your Details" with nothing there and no buttons to click! No way to checkout. Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 7

OK so here is the latest from the inept people at Weebly.

Read the whole thing and you will see what a joke it is dealing with Weebly.

After several conversations and emails they said they were working on a bug in their system and that they would get back to me - 

I received this email from (supposedly a Manager) David on March 5th!!

Hey Don,

My name's David, I'm one of the manager's here at Weebly. I know you spoke with a few people on our team over the past few days and mentioned that you wanted someone to follow up with you. I looked into your account and see that you have an active bug that our developers are currently working on. Once the bug is resolved we'll proactively reach out to you to let you know the bug is fixed.

What other questions can I help answer in the mean time?

David
Weebly Customer Success Managerref:_00DE0Y7ru._5000L1SQN5a:ref

Havent heard anything back from him so I wrote today and this is the message I received a few minutes ago

Please Create a New Case with Weebly Support

Hi Don,

Thanks for your reply! It's been more than 10 days since we last heard from you, so we closed this case.

If you have additional questions, please create a new case with our team by visiting the Support Center.

Additionally, feel free to visit our Community to get ideas and help from other Weebly and Square Online Store customers.

Thanks again,

Weebly and the Square Online Store Team

Message 8 of 7
Square

It looks like you have more than one case with our team, @RubberChucky, and the case that was closed as a different one than the one that is on-hold and tied to the bug ticket with our engineers. That case is # 50699010 for your reference, and you'll get an update via email on it when the bug ticket is resolved. Sorry for the confusion!

Message 8 of 7

When I wrote it referenced a case number that (Manager) David replied to me about.  All I did was reply to that email.

Regardless, it has been over a month and still no resolve.

I also have other emails from David about compensating me for the problem.  I hope you will also compensate all the other people that are having the same problem.

At the rate you guys are going there will be a cure for CV19 before you fix the bug!

Message 8 of 7