x

I LOST ONE YEAR OF BUSINESS BECAUSE WEEBLY PRODUCTS DO NOT WORK CORRECTLY

After digging around for hours and following empty leads I was on hold for 59 minutes then talking to a "support agent" overseas for another hour. AND THEY CAN DO NOTHING! I have paid for a domain and Weebly site for years and just found out the MENU does not work is DEFUNCT on my homepage on ALL MOBILE devices. I see this has happened to many poor weebly users. We have been paying for a service that does NOT WORK and that is illegal.

I lost one year of business because NO ONE COULD NAVIGATE to the purchase page. The menu works on 60% of the mobile pages but not on the most important home page and 4 others. Why? This seems like an internal glitch not a user error. Why? No one cares. They just want me to upgrade and try a new theme and destroy my ranking and formatting of my site. It will be a weebly MESS. The hardest junkiest web site builder in the world.

I wondered what was wrong and why sales were so slow. WEEBLY RUINED MY BUSINESS.

Just because WEEBLY decides to make a template obsolete doesn't mean they should leave customers who originally purchased that template hanging in the wind. You charged me for it didn't you. Never gave me a heads up it might be going out style, did ya? Nope just kept taking my money year after years.

My business has been ruined using WEEBLY. I am not a web developer nor have the time to twiddle around with this incredibly un-user friendly garbage.. How about a refund for the year of lost business. Instead I was basically told to go fuk myself. But believe me, you have me fired up and I will blog about it and wordpress and social media and publish away. At least I know their menu tabs work.

Weebly should be sued. You can't take money from people and sell them a broken product. But there is no office, no support team, no contact information NO ONE except whoever is taking our money. No accountability. No paper trail - just a call room somewhere in India or Central America paying children with our money 50 cents an hour while my business got ruined.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Same

Message 2 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Thank you for reaching out. I'm very sorry to hear you had some trouble with your website. 

I see a site in your account on a paid Starter plan, however, this site has a custom theme meaning the HTML/CSS has been edited by yourself or your website designer. Weebly does not assist with custom code, nor is Weebly responsible for code that does not work properly. If you edit the standard theme you are responsible for troubleshooting your code if something is broken or not working properly on the live site. 

If you are not able to edit or fix your code, I highly recommend switching to a standard theme so that the live site does work properly on desktop and mobile. You can update your theme by logging into the site editor and then clicking Theme > Change Theme. You will need to make sure to re-publish once you have selected a new theme in order for the live site to update properly.

Message 3 of 4

Thanks for your post. I have just switched back to one of the stock templates after reading their reply!!

Message 4 of 4