x

I can no longer edit my site

Since Weebly informed me that their hosting was being merged into Square, I went through the process signing up for an account on Square, but since then I cannot edit my site. When I click on either I just get a blank screen and a "Hear are you tools to create a website." I've already created a beautiful website  beginning a dozen years ago, which I update slightly from time to time. NOW THAT I'VE REGISTERED FOR A Square acct. why can't I edit my old account? This is very frustrating. It's like my valuable property has been stolen with a false promise that the Weebly and Square sites would be available interchangeably. 

Menalcus Lankford 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

I can't even get in.  All I get is - 

"This Square account is already connected to Square Online and cannot be linked to this Weebly account."

I only have one square account created just for weebly login.

Nothing like having a feature you did not want nor ask for locking you out of your account.  All the contact us links send me to this forum.  I tried to contact someone and all i can find links back to this forum.

Message 2 of 10
Square Community Moderator

My apologies, @davidsreynolds1 I somehow completely missed your post, or my previous post did not go through! 

Can you verify the name for your Weebly website you are having trouble accessing? The error you described may need assistance from support, but if that is the case I'll help you get in touch with the team. 😊

Message 3 of 10

Hi @melankfo

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble accessing your original website. Can you please confirm the domain name so we can get this sorted out for you? 

Thanks in advance! 

Message 4 of 10

Yes, I bought a new domain name from Square, but my account has been with Weebly since 2010. Here is my new domain:

https://www.baltimoredickens.com/about.html

Menalcus Lankford

Message 5 of 10

I may be misunderstanding the question, @melankfo 

I was able to log into the editor for the Weebly site you linked. I also see that you recently published the site. Are you still having trouble, or is there a different issue you are having? 

Message 6 of 10

Yes. I suppose it shows up as "recently published" because of the new domain I bought from Square. Here's my old edit link, which only takes me to the page for creating a new site from scratch--shows nothing about editing my existing site: https://www.weebly.com/editor/main.php#/

I've worked so hard, trying all the community questions, etc, getting nowhere, so I'm really hoping you'll be the one to solve the problem (I can tell you what my password was if you think that would help. In addition to the link, a few times I used that to edit. 

Menalcus Lankford 

Message 7 of 10

The password is not needed, but the link you sent will open for whichever account I'm logged into.

Are you able to post a screenshot of what you see from your end? 

Message 8 of 10

Here is a partial picture, best I could do, of the page I get when I open the edit link for my Weebly website.

Menalcus

melankfo_0-1669408388823.jpeg

Message 9 of 10

This is definitely a view of the second site in your account. Can you exit out of the editor and return to the main menu? Once you do, click the dropdown in the top left corner to switch to the site you wish to access. 

Message 10 of 10