x

Need old weebly website deleted ASAP but don't have access

Hi,

I need an old weebly website deleted ASAP that I created in 2013. This website is no longer compliant for the business it is promoting and needs to be deleted ASAP - https://sntelectrical.weebly.com/.

Any help unpublishing website would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for reaching out, @emmahaack 👋

We're not able to unpublish sites with a recent login to the account. Did you login recently? If so, you can unpublish the website by clicking Edit Site > Settings then scroll down to the Unpublish option. 

You can also follow the directions for deleting the Weebly account here

Please let us know if you have trouble with unpublishing or deleting. 😊

Message 2 of 5

I don't have access to the account anymore because the square chatbot told me to deactivate my account, and if that option wasn't given then to delete 'my data'... so now I can no longer log in to anything...

When I logged in, for the first time in 10 years, to try and delete the website I had to link to square... which then didn't link this old website. It was not attached to the new square account so I could not access it anywhere to unpublish it. When I went to square online the only option I had was to create a new website. It did not transfer the old website over when I had to link to square. 

The chatbot told me deleting 'my data' would unpublish the website, which it hasn't... so now my login doesn't exist, but the site is still published.

I need the website deleted ASAP as it is not compliant.

Message 3 of 5

I don't have access to the account anymore because the square chatbot told me to deactivate my account, and if that option wasn't given then to delete 'my data'... so now I can no longer log in to anything...

When I logged in, for the first time in 10 years, to try and delete the website I had to link to square... which then didn't link this old website. It was not attached to the new square account so I could not access it anywhere to unpublish it. When I went to square online the only option I had was to create a new website. It did not transfer the old website over when I had to link to square. 

The chatbot told me deleting 'my data' would unpublish the website, which it hasn't... so now my login doesn't exist, but the site is still published.

I need the website deleted ASAP as it is not compliant. 

Message 4 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Ah, it's possible that the "delete my data" request is still in progress. Do you have a new website for the company? We might be to use that information to expedite the request to unpublish the old site.

Message 5 of 5