x

Weebly Passwords for Web Site Pages

I am trying to update the password to 4 pages on our website.  I am trying to find a process that will only affect these 4 pages, not all the pages on the website (the default process in Weebly).  In looking at the community responses I found this process to only change the password for selected pages:

"So if my understanding is correct......

If you remove the password – all pages go public.

If you add a password when it was previously blank – all pages get protected by that password.

If you remove the password, set selected pages to ‘Site Password’ and then set a password - only those pages become password protected."

The response from the Weebly support agent to the above said:

"I'm so glad to hear that worked for you! ❤️🎉

Yes, all is correct, but I believe you need to click "disable" and if that doesn't show, delete the password in the box, then click "save" in order to remove from all pages. 

From what I remember, the disable option showed up for me the first time I added the password. Once I removed it, the new option was to save the (deleted) changes."

In my version of Weebly, I do not have the "disable" button referred to by the agent.  I have already gone through one password change that did not work - the new password did not register, but the old one was retained, but applied to all pages on the website.  I had to go back in an change each page's attribute for "public", which was a bit of a pain.  So before I try this again, what would be the process?  

Two additional questions:

1- is there a way to see what password is being entered?  Everything I enter is encrypted - I would like to see the password I am entering.

2.  Once the new password is entered and you hit the "Save" button, do you have to publish the website to have the password change take effect on the website?

Thanks,

Doug

Message 1 of 1
0 REPLIES 0