x

Can this be removed "I agree to receiving marketing and promotional materials"?

Hello,

We are using the feature to register with our site so that people can take free Bible study courses on the site. We do not send out any marketing or promotional materials through the site when they register this way. We fear that this will be a hindrance to people using the site to take these courses, believing that they will receive spam or unwanted email. We hope that there is a way to disable this feature or that it could be added soon? Does anyone know any way around this?

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Square

There isn't really a way to remove that right now, unfortunately. I can understand why in your case that doesn't seem to make much sense, though. I'll pass your feedback on to the rest of the team regarding removing that checkbox; you're also welcome to the post that to the Vote on Features board so other people can show support for that.

Message 2 of 27

Adam, it's a checkbox! I really need it off so that more people can register on my site. I feel that the check box has SPAM written all over it. please have an option to remove it otherwise I might have to ask for a refund. 

Message 9 of 27
Square

Sorry to hear that, @Obi_78. I haven't heard anything about any changes to this yet, but I'll check see if can find any other information.

Message 9 of 27

Yes! I agree, would love to see this gone!

Message 9 of 27

I need this gone too as we are creating an internal site and it just looks odd. Please can we have update on how to remove

Message 9 of 27
Square

I'm sorry, @MickLindsay This is still not an editable option. I apologize for the inconvenience. 

Message 9 of 27

I agree. This mandatory message does not fit with the purpose of the login portion of our websites. It seems like only one use case was taken into consideration when this was added. The fact that there is no option to remove this message makes it even worse. We don't intend to use logins to distribute marketing and promotional materials so the message is misleading and actually discourages users from proceeding with registration. Bad UX.

Message 9 of 27

Is there a way to change the language? I'm not quiet sure if it's DSGVO conform if it's in another language ...
Message 10 of 27

Hi Adam,

Has this option become available yet? Again it feels like spam and means people don't want to make accounts

Also is there a way to make the log in register first name and last name?

Rip: Two years later and countless other threads, this is still not an option.

Message 17 of 27
Square

I'm really sorry, Matt-NZ. This is still not available/editable. 

Message 17 of 27

Can we edit the HTML code to change the language to say something else? Where would this be?

Message 17 of 27
Square

It's not possible to edit that @element3health I'm sorry for any inconvenience. 

Message 17 of 27

This needs to be editable ASAP!

Message 17 of 27

I can understand the progression of building a platform, but I agree with the other posters that it is pretty single-scoped to require a marketing checkbox on a registration form.  Is there a reason for the option not being removable?  Is this a marketing agreement between you and our constituents, or is it safe to tell them to ignore the message?

Looking forward to our continued work together.

Message 17 of 27

When will this actually get changed. 

I noticed this has been posted about for the past two years. 

I've just started and I've already gotten complaints from customers about this. 

Can you please provide a timeline for this getting changed or at least admit if it's never going to get done so that I don't waste anymore time with weebly. 

Message 17 of 27

Has there been any progress on this feature?  This is a large limiting factor in trying to get clients and customers to register with a Weebly website when they think they are opening themselves up to spam.  Hiding/disabling or even rewording that little checkbox would go a long way in improving a website's ability to register new members.

Thanks,

-Mike

Message 18 of 27

Has this been resolved yet?  Just moved a website to Weebly specifically for this functionality and really don't like our users being required to check this box.  This doesn't make much sense, every site I've ever signed up for specifically allows you to opt-out of this.

And to be honest, it doesn't even have to be removed, it just shouldn't be required to check.

Message 22 of 27

Hello,

I have same serious problem.

I have to have that checkbox NOT REQUIRED.

If this doesn't happen in a few days, or at most a week,

I will be forced to move to another platform.

It is mandatory for our website. We cannot publish or start our business without having this check box be NOT required.

Please help.

Todd/Abemis

Message 22 of 27

Adding to this thread - our member log-in page is simply so that members can access customer reports. We do not need them to accept marketing emails prior to registration.

Message 22 of 27

Any news about this issue?

Im not interest to click on that too!

Message 22 of 27