x

How do I add a subscribe button to my blog?

[Note: The title of this post has been edited by a moderator.]

Is there a way to add a Feedburner subscribe by email button to my blog? The Weebly help articles just say to not do it. But I have many email subscribers to my Blogger blogs, and I'd like to do the same on Weebly since my blog is part of my website.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 35
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Hi, Missy! 

Another option is to create a subscribe button on Add to Any. Once you click that link you will see a drop-down menu. Click there and choose subscribe. Choose the style of button you would like to use on your site. Then enter your feed url. This can be found on your blog's sidebar. Look for the orange rss button. Click that button and copy the url that appears in your address bar. 

I advise that you enter your email address where it asks for it. So that you may receive updates for this service. Then click 'more options' for further features you can add to the button. 

Once you get the button options chosen click 'Get Button Code'. Copy the embed code they provide you. Then paste that into an embed code element on your Weebly site. Where you want the subscribe button to appear. 

View Best Answer >

Tags (3)
Message 4 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

what would the code be?

Message 24 of 35
Square

We're not able to provide the custom code. Most of the users on this thread have found third party code and are using the Embed Code element to display the content on their site. 

Message 24 of 35

Thank you so much!

Message 24 of 35

This really doesn't solve the problem of readers subscribing by email.  They need a feed reader in order to actually be able to read something.  These are the little things that make me want to change my blog to wordpress.  Why do you not provide a simple option for subcribing. I know it was there in the past. 

Message 28 of 35

Check MailChimp or Mailer Lite. Both are free if you have less than a certain (large) number of subscribers. My blogs have been gone from Weebly for a very long time, and I'm not sure either would work here. But this is such a popular platform, it seems that they should.

The learning curve on WordPress is extremely steep. If you want to move your blog, I'd suggest Blogger. It's much easier to deal with than either Weebly or WordPress. 

Message 28 of 35

Curious catblogger,

Did you go with Wix, Wordpress, something else? I love elements of Weebly, but I keep running into a wall with the blog. Just curious.

Message 28 of 35

Where is the Weebly blog

Message 30 of 35
Square

Hi @Paul6y Are you looking for the Weebly blog, or are you wanting to create your own blog page on your site? 

Message 30 of 35

URGENT! I tried the solution given to add a button to my weebly blog on website. Is THIS what they are supposed to see when they click the "Feed" option to subscribe? 

Message 32 of 35
Square

That's what you would expect to see if your browser doesn't know to open the XML file in an RSS program on your computer. Your visitors will just need to copy the URL and use it with whatever feed service they are using.

Message 32 of 35

So why isn't it super easy to capture email addresses and then have a blog post mailed to who ever signs up?  I would like to have everything under one place but it is difficult to do that when it is difficult to move my followers and to capture new ones...

Shawna

Message 32 of 35
Square

Hi Shawna

This is a very good point you make. Although you can use the Promote email marketing tool to link to blogs in an email blast, I don't believe there is a streamlined way to gather those emails from people that comment on your blog. You could, however, add a Newsletter Form element to your blog page to capture those emails. I would also recommend voting on this similar feature request:

https://community.weebly.com/t5/Vote-on-Features/Automatically-email-subscribers-to-new-posts-on-blo...

Message 33 of 35

Is this the only way they can know a new blog is up? Other then me advertising on social media.
Message 36 of 35
Square

The other option outside of an RSS feed reader is to add a form to your site to collect the email address of a subscriber, and then use it with a mailing list. For example, if you go to the Promote / Email Marketing tab in your account, you can import the entries of your contact form and use them to send an email campaign. There's a blog element used in the email builder which can be used to add a blog post to the email, too.

Message 36 of 35