x

How do I embed a Google form on my website or online store?

[Note: The title of this post has been edited by a moderator.]

Hello. I have to forms in google drive. I was hoping to put each one as a page. I want customers to be able to fill out and send. On one I was able to set up a link and the other not even that.

Is there a way to make a form a page that can written on and then fowarded? It doesn't seem as hard as it is. I'v been trying for hours.

Thanks,

Steve

Message 1 of 14
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Hello @Craig5014

You can embed a Google form by clicking the Send button while on the editing form page. At the top of the page, it will say "Send via" click the <> option. Copy the code in the box by clicking the 'copy' button and paste it into an embed code element or section on your website.

Be sure you have setup a spreadsheet destination for the forms answers. To do that click on 'Responses' on the form in edit mode. Then click the three vertical buttons on the top right. Then click 'Select response destination'. Either create a new or existing spreadsheet. You can also setup email notifications here too.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Best Answer

Hello @Craig5014

You can embed a Google form by clicking the Send button while on the editing form page. At the top of the page, it will say "Send via" click the <> option. Copy the code in the box by clicking the 'copy' button and paste it into an embed code element or section on your website.

Be sure you have setup a spreadsheet destination for the forms answers. To do that click on 'Responses' on the form in edit mode. Then click the three vertical buttons on the top right. Then click 'Select response destination'. Either create a new or existing spreadsheet. You can also setup email notifications here too.

Message 2 of 14

I did this and it shows up on my back end. I pressed Publish and was prompted that all was good, but the form isn't showing up on my website? Any ideas?

Message 3 of 14
Square

What are the privacy settings like for your form, @jstimson?  It's possible you have the form set to private.

Message 4 of 14

Thank you. You're a life saver!!!

Message 5 of 14

I have my form embed, but it is not showing the entire form... What should my width and height be?

Message 6 of 14
Square

You might have to try different heights until you find one that works for you, @timothyjerome_. Since forms can be different heights depending on content, there's not a single size that would work for every form.

Message 7 of 14

Mine keeps saying there is an error publishing and leading to a 404 page, any idea why its not working? I have done all as of above

Message 8 of 14
Square

What is the name of the site you are trying to publish, @shansd

Message 9 of 14

it seems to be working today, though it is still giving the same warning. Its adventureish.com

Message 10 of 14

@Bernadette it seems to be working today, though it is still giving the same warning. Its adventureish.com

Message 11 of 14
Square

Did you clear cache/cookies to get it to work? Or try from a different private/incognito window? 

Message 12 of 14

I have followed all of the instructions and luckily, my form is rendering in Weebly. However, it loses my formatting. Any suggestions? I'm primarily having issues with images that are centered on my form and they skew to one side of page. I've attempted mutliple iframe width and heights and the behavior remains the same. I've also used different templates on Google and they all look fine until I render them in Weebly with the Embed code.

Thanks!

Tags (3)
Message 15 of 14
Square

Can you post a link to the page of your site that has the form, @pamelawsecurity? That might help our Community members provide some assistance. 

Message 15 of 14