x

How do I remove the store and just have a website?

[Note: The title of this post has been edited by a moderator.]

I signed up and started with an e-store, then realized that I'd rather go with a website, not a store. I can't seem to choose when starting a new site, I can only choose estores. I deactivated my account in an attempt to start over but I can't use the same email address. Looks like I'm stuck with an e-store. Is there any way to change this? 

Thanks

Message 1 of 93
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Any online store website, whether it was made with the classic Weebly editor or the newer Square Online editor can be used purely for a website.

To remove the store features from the website, open your site in the website editor and remove any store pages from your navigation. With the classic editor you can do that by deleting pages on the pages tab. With the Square Online editor, click on the Pages dropdown, then click on the Edit Navigation link at the bottom and then remove store-related items.

Next, go to the dashboard and Settings > Checkout and turn off accepting online orders. This will prevent anyone from being able to order anything should they happen to have a link to a product page.

If you have the Square Online editor would rather use the classic Weebly editor, go to Weebly.com and create an account; choose the option that you just want a website/don't want to sell online and that will get you the classic editor. Note that you'll need to use a different email address than the one you used for the Square Online account.

View Best Answer >

Message 79 of 93
92 REPLIES 92
Square

I'll send you a pm, @Lida. Thanks! 

Message 79 of 93

I, too, picked store when I wanted regular website after purchasing my desired domain name and cannot seem to go back to that choice.  I don't want to lose the domain, just change it to a weebly regular website builder and not the store website builder.  Support told me to use the "style" button on the bottom left but that only changes the style of the store website.  the domain i purchased is network4impact.net.  I find the store builder really burdensome and REALLY want to get back to the weebly builder to start using the website.  Please help!

Message 79 of 93
Square

The style options you edit using the Site Design link on the lower left apply to the whole website, and not just store pages. You can also just remove anything store related from the website, @NFI. In Settings > Checkout, use the option at the top to turn off taking orders online, and then remove any store pages from your site navigation and any featured items/categories sections you may have on your website.

Message 79 of 93

I started a thread with Bernadette, but her answer was confusing. I want to deactivate my Business account which I setup yesterday and switch it to a personal website where I can link my product to Amazon. I get nowhere on the Customer Service phone number as I don't have a pin number. In order to deactivate my account through my Account Manager, it sends me back to these Community pages. And when I thought I had finally deactivated it through Squaretrade, it gave me a "Weebly having technical difficulties" message.  Seriously?! I am considering switching to Wix if I don't get a timely answer, after this runaround!!

Message 79 of 93
Square

We try to respond to posts as quickly as possible, and I'm sorry for any delayed response. Right now we are trying to answer within 48 hours, although our queues do tend to spike at times. 

I was not clear in my original response to you that you need to use a different email when signing up, but it looks like you created the new account successfully. Super sorry for any confusion! I've moved the service and domain name to your new account for you. Thank you for your patience and understanding. Please let me know if you have any other questions or feedback. 

Message 79 of 93

This is super unhelpful and doesn't explain how to get to the Weebly site builder
Message 79 of 93

Hi Bernadette,

I'm currently facing this issue and would be grateful if you could please help me move my account, thanks!

So I signed up for Weebly with a professional plan a couple of months ago and have been working on my website ever since. I do copywriting services - although I'm not in retail. When I was signing up - I was asked if I was selling things - which I answered yes too - however now my dashboard consists of stuff I don't need like "marketing" insights" and "orders". I've heard that in order to change that to a normal site - I would have to delete my account and open a new one.. That seems like an issue - since I have already built my website and paid for a PRO plan. Can you please help? Thank you!!

Message 79 of 93

Help! I did the same thing as many others. I am an author who plans to sell my books solely through Amazon's Print on Demand service.  But I chose the Business web option because I thought it would have tools unavailable to a personal website. I do not want to sell directly to the customer, but there is no Settings option to change my domain to Personal Webpage. I bought my Domain name as part of the setup with Weebly.  What do I do?

Message 79 of 93
Square

Hi @SandraHanley You will need to sign up for a brand nw account and make sure to choose the option that you are not selling. You will still have access to the ecommerce features. Let me know when you setup the new account and I'll move the services for you. Thanks!

Message 79 of 93

Is there any risk that by deleting my account that I will lose the domain name? I haven't verified it yet.

Message 79 of 93

How can I set up a new account? When I go to Weebly homepage, and before I chose which kind of account I want, it asks me to type in my email, then it automatically opens my current account! Can you please deactivate my business account and set up a personal account from your end? It is too confusing for me to do.

Message 79 of 93

I setup a new personal website as @SandraLHanley with a different email account. Please move my information over so I can confirm my Domain name and get up and running ASAP.

Message 79 of 93

I setup a new personal website as @SandraLHanley with a different email account. Please move my information over so I can confirm my Domain name and get up and running ASAP.
Message 79 of 93

: Changing from a store to website
I setup a new personal website as @SandraLHanley with a different email account. Please move my information over so I can confirm my Domain name and get up and running ASAP. Thank you in advance.

Message 79 of 93

Hi Bernadette,

I'm also wanting to switch to a regular website instead of a store. Do I need to delete the account through Square or through Weebly? Thank you!

Message 79 of 93
Square

Hi @JoeP_DBW Did you sign up through Square initially? When you say regular website, do you mean you do not have plans on having an ecommerce site? Or that you just prefer the older editor? 

Message 79 of 93

Is it possible if you could help me delete my weebly and square up account as I signed up for the wrong plan but I want to use the same email again. Both accounts are under [personal info redacted] . Thank you ahead of time.

Message 79 of 93
Square

Thanks for posting, @shopkientri. Feel free to sign up again with the same email address whenever you are ready.

Message 79 of 93

Hi, my name is Roy. I have a site, royboswell.com I deleted my square account like you said and would like to be able to go back and edit my weebly website. How do I go about doing that from this point?

Message 79 of 93

I need to delete my account so I can start over with a business site and not a store site. I need the money I paid to be transfered to my new account.

Message 79 of 93
Square

Hi @HW2 It appears you have already submitted a GDPR request to have your data removed from the server. You should be able to create a new account now, but please make sure to choose the option that you are "not selling". The charge should automatically return to your bank account since the service was purchased yesterday. Please let us know if you have any other questions. 

Message 79 of 93