x

Refund for Connect plan.

I made a free site. Then I get an email saying that it will expire in 7 days. So I go to the website and the first plan I see is for $5 a month if paid yearly. I thought it would remove the Weebly from the name (which now I see that is a different thing). I bought the $5 a month plan and have now noticed it is the Connect Plan. I don't even know what the connect plan is or what it includes. That page with that pricing is not to be found anywhere on your website now. I would like a refund for the Connect plan.

Message 1 of 47
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

I've gone ahead and refunded and removed the plan for you @KRMetal. The connect plan is a light-weight plan intended for people that want to use a custom domain name, but don't need any other extra features. If you buy a custom domain from us, you'll one of our paid plans in order to use it. They all include this option, although they go up in price and progressively have more and more features.

https://www.weebly.com/pricing

View Best Answer >

Message 48 of 47
46 REPLIES 46
Square

Best Answer

I've gone ahead and refunded and removed the plan for you @KRMetal. The connect plan is a light-weight plan intended for people that want to use a custom domain name, but don't need any other extra features. If you buy a custom domain from us, you'll one of our paid plans in order to use it. They all include this option, although they go up in price and progressively have more and more features.

https://www.weebly.com/pricing

Message 48 of 47

I believe the same thing happend to me. I was actually trying to purchase a domain-  did the search on Weebly and it took me to a page showing $5/mo plan for the purchase... Totaling $64.95. At first, I thought it must include the SSL with the domain. I'm not sure why Weebly would put the Plan page when someone is trying to purchase a Domain. I'm sorry but I don't understand your reply to @KRMetal .

So, with Weebly... are you saying you have to purchase a Connect PLAN and then a Domain separately????

Message 48 of 47
Square

Hi @Txlonestar74 That is correct. You need to be on a paid hosting plan to connect a personalized domain name. If you do not need extra hosting features you can use the connect plan as your option. 

Message 48 of 47

Hi Bernadette,
I think you guys should rename the Connect Plan to HOSTING Plan because it totally confused me what it was for. So, I just want to make sure we are on the same page.. the $64.95 is for hosting my website only not the purchase of a domain? I want to make sure I have a clear understanding before I make any further purchase.
Thank you.
Message 48 of 47
Square

That's good feedback, @Txlonestar74 and it does make sense to me. I'm sorry if my answer was confusing. The only feature (or reason) for using the Connect plan is to connect the domain name. You are correct that the price you paid is strictly for the hosting service and does not include domain registration. If you have registered your domain with a third party you can now connect the domain to your site. Or you can register the domain through Weebly and connect. 

Message 48 of 47

Hi Bernadette,

Thank you for the information. I do not currently have a domain. I was actually trying to purchases the domain through Weebly but end up buying the connect plan.
Message 48 of 47
Square

Let me know if you need help registering the domain name. Smiley Happy 

Message 48 of 47

Hi, I bought the connect plan by mistake, but would like only the pro plan, because im not really sure how the connect works, i just want a new domain for my page without the .weebly

Message 48 of 47
Square

Thanks for posting, @FelixU. I've canceled and refunded your purchase for you, and you should see that back in your account in a few business days.

Message 48 of 47

Hi Adam,

I have the same issue here.  Is there a way to refund my connect plan?  I also would like to refund my domain account plan if at all possible.  Please let me know. 

Thank you,

Catherine

Message 48 of 47
Square

I refunded the charge for your site upgrade, @cathlchang, although I can't refund the charge for your domain since it was from last year. You should see the refund back in your account within a few business days.

Message 48 of 47

Hi! I just cancelled my connect plan. Can you refund the $60? My website is rebuildrochester.weebly.com. Thank you!

Message 48 of 47
Square

It looks like our support team took care of the refund for you, @sgupta6867.

Message 48 of 47

Hi Adam,

I realized that you refunded me for the site upgrade, but that was after I had tried switching to a different plan.  Can you refund me for my original connect plan? It was a total of $12 when I reached out to you, but was only refunded $2.08.  Please let me know if there is any way to be refunded the full $12 remaining balance from the time that I wrote you.  Thank you so much!

Catherine

Message 48 of 47
Square

It looks like you only paid $2.08 because of the credit from the Connect plan. When you upgrade from a current plan we use whatever remaining credit are available to apply to the charge first. 

Message 48 of 47

Hi, 

I made the same mistakes like people in this forum posts.

I got confused and bought the monthly CONNECT plan instead of a domain name.

Can I get a refund please?

How soon can I upgrade my plan again to annual payment once the refund request is accepted?

Message 48 of 47
Square

Hi @StephanieLiew I can refund the service for you, but you will still need to purchase both a domain name and hosting plan. There is a bit of a discount when you purchase yearly over monthly, so def the better route to go. You should receive the refund within 2-3 days. 

Message 48 of 47

So, in 2018, I paid $72 for my "connect" site for 2 years, and $0 for my domain name.  Then 2019 I paid $20.95 for my domain, and this year I paid $20.95 for my domain and $75.60 for another 2 years of "connect".  So, basically I'm paying just over $100 this year, just to have a website without .weebly in it? (Which equals to $132.85 CND)  I cannot do this.  I would like to go back to the free site.  How do I do this?

Message 48 of 47
Square

I refund the charge for the 2 year hosting plan, @tmacd. The funds should return to your account within 3-5 business days. Your domain name is registered until August 2021. Just make sure to renew the domain name before it expires if you change your mind about keeping it. Smiley Happy

Message 48 of 47

Hello, I would like to cancel my Connect plan for www.mariareginajewelry.com please let me know if you can assist? you can reach me at info@

Thank you

Message 48 of 47