x

Should I make this switch?

I've just discovered that HostMonster features Weebly.  My website was built through IWeb.  How difficult is it to make the change to Weebly?  I understand I have to create a whole new website but at what point does my Weebly created site overtake my previously created IWeb site?

Also, I've been playing around with the Basic Weebly builder.  I haven't been able to figure out how to put text where I want it, such as under an image.  When I drag the Text box it centers the text I write directly over the image.  I can't get it to move.

Finally, when I try to create and save a new title/logo over the template version, it keeps reverting back to the template's title:  Mandy Miller.

Are these signs that I shouldn't make this switch??  What am I missing here??

Thanks in advance for any insights!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Hey there!

The Weebly editor is indeed available through several hosts, as well as through Weebly itself. We may not be able to lend a hand with licensed editors directly, however, as some details may vary compared to the editor on Weebly.com. Have you been testing the editor through HostMonster?

Message 2 of 7

When you say "editor" what do you mean?  I've tried building the site.

Message 3 of 7

@djpal"

"I've just discovered that HostMonster features Weebly.  My website was built through IWeb.  How difficult is it to make the change to Weebly?  I understand I have to create a whole new website but at what point does my Weebly created site overtake my previously created IWeb site?"

First of all you have to create/build brand new website on weebly.  Weebly websites created through re-sellers are not portable.  Second you have to buy a hosting package through weebly.  Then you can connect your domain from HostMonstor or Iweb (they are the chidren of Endurance International).  When your renewal comes you can yank out the domain registration from those people and transfer it to weebly or any other registrar of your choosing. 

If you do a switch you will have access to many features + US based support as well as free and paid APPs.  They are not available through re-sellers.

Message 4 of 7

Thanks for your insights!

Message 5 of 7

Did you ever figure out how to change the Mandy Miller page title?? I am having the same issue, and would very much like for it to read the proper page title.

Message 6 of 7
Square

Hi @PNWSA Log into the editor and click on Settings. You should see a field that says Site Title. Edit it to what you want it to say and then click Save. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 7