x

What is EditMySite.com?

I see Weebly store's its images on their, and it creates a duplicate site for us as well on their. I can't login to my Weebly account on it yet it has the same help articles as Weebly?

Message 1 of 55
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

We use editmysite.com to serve files and other content for your site- if you've ever looked in the source code of one of the pages of your site, you've probably noticed that resources are linked to that domain. I don't recommend trying to actually log in or doing anything on the domain; you should only log in and edit on Weebly.com or Square.online.

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 55
54 REPLIES 54

Hi,

Same here. Big red screen saying cdn2.editmysite.com is dangerous.

We are using the designer platform, so it's affecting a few hundreds of websites we operate, 3 of our own and our clients, so we'd appreciate an answer asap, please.

I had to post this from Firefox as Chrome wouldn't let me get to the Community either, so I suspect it's something central Weebly.

Thank you,

Eszter

Message 44 of 55
Square

Our engineers were working through the night to resolve this issue. I'm sorry we are just getting to this reply, but it has taken awhile to respond to each message. Thank you all for understanding!

Chrome was blocking access to certain Weebly sites, but rest assured this was just a false positive and your site is secure. We have confirmed with Google that the issue is resolved, and we appreciate your patience!

Message 54 of 55

Google canceled my adwords campaign yesterday because of malware on dn2.editmysite.com/js/.

I've reached Google support 3 hours ago and the problem was still there. 

Was it fixed of not?!

Message 54 of 55

Google also cancelled my adwords campaigns due to  cdn2.editmysite.com/js/ being on my website.   When will this be resolved?  I am losing business because of this!

Message 54 of 55
Square

In order to resolve this you will need to submit your site for review per the instructions here:

https://developers.google.com/web/fundamentals/security/hacked/request_review#b_unwanted_software_in...

There are different instructions depending on where you were alerted (Adwords vs Google Search Console). If you contact Google's support team they are just going to see the same notice as you, and won't know that the team of Google which reviews sites has confirmed that the flag of our CDN was a false-positive.

Message 54 of 55

I've tried these steps and they do not work to have adwords re-approved. I've also talked with the adwords team and they indicate that referneces to //cdn2.editmysite.com/js/* need to be removed.  Why is this script being served when not logged into the weebly editor?  It seems wasteful and unnecessary to include this script at all on the public version of the site if it only relates to the weebly editor.  Please adivise on how to resolve this in order to restore ad word approvals. The loss of traffic due to disapproved ads is hurting my business.

Message 54 of 55

nothing is solved!
YOU WANT TO SOLVE! THANK YOU

Message 54 of 55
Square

Did you do this through your Adwords account, @farmbrite?

https://support.google.com/adspolicy/answer/7501932?co=ADWORDS.IsAWNCustomer%3Dfalse&hl=en

If so, did you get a message back on your review request stating that they would not approve it because of our CDN? I'm referring to something you would get back requesting a review and not what you were told when talking with their support team.

Message 54 of 55

Yes I followed these steps and spoke to a support person from google adwords.  Please note that the steps are:

1. Go to the Ads or Ad extensions tab and find the disapproved ad or extension.
  2. In the "Status" column, hover over the white speech bubble Ad disapproval bubble next to "Disapproved."
  3. If available, click the link Resubmit my campaign for review.

Note: If you don’t see this link, the associated policy doesn’t allow campaign submission. You’ll need to make and save minor edits to each ad to trigger a review.

For "Disapproved:Malicious or unwanted software" ads on adwords there is no option to "Resubmit my campaign for review".  So I made small changes to my ads and re-saved.  This caused the ads to go back under review and within 5 minutes they were re-marked as "Disapproved:Malicious or unwanted software".   Because there is no option to submit "Disapproved:Malicious or unwanted software" ads for a review (see attached image), you can just re-save them (as per the instructions above) there is no direct feedback, expect for reaching out to support.

When I spoke the adwords support rep (via chat and phone) she clearly identified the issue as being the references on my site to "cdn2.editmysite.com/js/*" which weebly is adding.   She also idicated numerous adwords customers being effected by this same weebly issue.

For anyone else who is still having this issue, i ended up re-contacting adwords support and sharing the details from this thread with them.  They then intiated a manual review on my behalf (becuase i was unable to do via the adwords UI).  She also noted that google uses this tool:  https://transparencyreport.google.com/safe-browsing/search?url=<SITE URL> to check for any malicous references.  As of my now my site is clean via that report and adwords indicates my ads should be restored within 24-48 hours. 

It still is unclear why weebly is including this reference on the published site pages and it seems like the easiest and most obvious thing is to remove this script reference from those published version of weebly pages.

Message 54 of 55
Square

Thanks for taking the time to post all that, @farmbrite . We can't remove that from sites because it serves resources that are needed for the function of any Weebly site.  I don't know why Adwords is flagging it like that since Google confirmed to us earlier this week that it was a false-positive and they resolved it. It might be a case of the left hand not talking to the right.

At any rate, we are trying to communicate with Google to get them to stop doing this with Adwords but haven't had much luck yet. Hopefully we can make some headway soon so that others don't need to go through the steps you did to resolve it.

Message 54 of 55

for edit your site you can attract more viewer by using Fancy Font Generator.

Message 54 of 55

Does Weebly still use EditMySite.com? I am facing some issue with JRS Tracking.

Message 55 of 55

We use editmysite.com to serve files and other content for your site—if you've ever looked at the source code of one of your site's pages, you've probably noticed resources linked to that domain. I would not recommend attempting to log in or do anything on the domain; instead, you should use Weebly.com or Square. online to log in and edit.

or

Insta++ apk is the best social media site where you can find good content.

Message 56 of 55