x

Are you lying about your font sizes or your display size?

The website display page says my main paragraphs are in 12-point Times New Roman, but they look more like 9-point.  Now I can understand resizing the actual display to make room for controls, but how can I be sure that the webpage looks the way it’s supposed to if the system won’t let me see the results in full size?

PS: As an older autistic adult, I can pretty much understand why many people think chatbots are all but the sons of the Beast 666 and Mystery Babylon the Great, so I'd seriously appreciate it if you could have a real human contact me via «[personal info removed]».

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square

Welcome to the Community, @C_Innukshopa, and thanks for making your first post.

Your site is using a custom theme, which means it's very possible that you could have your font set to 12pt somewhere and have the be overridden by other changes to 9pt.

It might be simplest to switch to a standard theme and set your font sizes again for that theme. That should ensure that what you have set on the Theme tab is being used properly.

Message 7 of 8

Where would I find a standard theme?

Message 9 of 8

Is there even such an animal as a standard theme?

They talk about a “baseless” theme on GitHub, but I’m not completely assured that qualifies.

Message 9 of 8

I tried out GitHub for the hunt, and it seems to indicate that there's no such thing as a standard theme.

Message 9 of 8

@C_Innukshopa In the Weebly Site Editor, click "Theme" in the top menu then click "Change Theme" in the left-hand sidebar. You'll be presented with Weebly's theme library and you need only choose another one to switch your site over to it. When @Adam says "standard theme," he means a theme from the library that has not been code modified.

Message 9 of 8

@C_Innukshopa Web pages don't use "points" as a sizing measure for page fonts. If you're referring to the numerical values in the theme adjustment panels then this is a "pixel" (or picture element) value measure. 72 points is roughly 1" and accordingly, at a resolution of 72 pixels per inch, 1 pixel would be equal to 1 point. Most computer screens have much higher resolutions than 72 ppi and so you'd need a greater pixel height for each point height. That's why 12 pixels looks like much less than 12 points in height.

Message 9 of 8

At least you've made a couple of excellent points for future tinkering. Thanks a whole bunch.

...and a hearty "Erin go Bragh" from team Chinisa Innukshopa

Message 9 of 8