x

Best uploading sizes for photos?

Anyone got advise on the best size for uploading images on to my photography website?

I want them to be looking great but not huge file sizes....

What size are you export at? Like pixel sizes and resolution?

Thank you 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Hi, there.

The best approach for photos added to your page is to use JPEGs that are 72 DPI and no more than 1,000 pixels on their longest side.

For images that are part your site design (ie, header and/or background images), it will depend on which theme and header you're using. A good rule of thumb is to use an image that's around 2,000 pixels wide and at least 1,000 pixels high. That will ensure your image is large enough to fill the space and look good on every device.

Also inspecting the source code of any given template will show precise dimensions for any given page layout.

Thanks, and enjoy your day!

Erin

Weebly Community Manager

Message 2 of 9

Thank you Erin!

Message 3 of 9

Thank you for the great answer. How can we find out the specific sizes for our chosen theme?

Message 7 of 9

Hey there! The specific sizes mentioned there would depend more on the exact layout, rather than the theme. Is there a specific issue you're seeing with image sizing?

Message 7 of 9

Hi, thank you for the quick reply. Well, before I purchase those expensive stock photos from Shutterstock, I want to choose the appropriate size or resize them to adapt as best as possible to my headers. Thank you.

Message 7 of 9

"Also inspecting the source code of any given template will show precise dimensions for any given page layout." Best advice i have seen on the subject! TY
Message 10 of 9

I'm at the point of giving up on Weebly, there is not tips on uploading photos here and everything seems to be well outdated. I was going to use shopify but I already had a site with Weebly so I thought why not upgrade here but I feel so left on my own. I cannot get through to support as they are overwhelmed right now, they don't get back to me at all with emails etc. 

I just upgraded to put my ecommerce site online and now I'm stuck with no help. I am having fierce issues uploading photos to my catalogue and product pages. They are all different sizes and resolutions, some are fine and other are rediculous.

Frustrating isn't the word. Most threads on here are outdated while the software has moved on from then which makes he community a waste of time in my view. 

Message 10 of 9
Square

I'm sorry for the frustration. We keep the threads active on here because some users still have accounts/sites that are relevant to the content. Generally speaking, it's best to verify the date of the post you are viewing since some posts are 2-4 years old. For images, the above information is still correct. Try to use images that are no more than 1000px wide and 72dpi, and you will want to make sure all of your images are the same size before uploading to the editor. You can also change the aspect ratio from Store>Settings>General>Layout. 

Message 10 of 9