x

Can I change Blog Post Order?

My blog posts display the most recent first.
I would like them to display the earliest first and scan forward through time, rather than backwards.

Is it possible to adjust the blog settings to do this? I'm aware of the option to manually adjust each date on each blog post, but it's a pain with over 100 posts to sort!

Thanks for any tips!
Kind regards
Frances

Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

@franceskeeley 

Alas, there doesn't seem to be any way to do this without manually altering the post dates. If you want you can hide the post dates on the live site (and still have them appear in the editor) by adding this code to the site's (not page) Header Code section: 

<style type="text/css">
.blog-date {
display: none !important;
}
</style>  

Hope this helps, Gary

View Best Answer >

Message 8 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Best Answer

@franceskeeley 

Alas, there doesn't seem to be any way to do this without manually altering the post dates. If you want you can hide the post dates on the live site (and still have them appear in the editor) by adding this code to the site's (not page) Header Code section: 

<style type="text/css">
.blog-date {
display: none !important;
}
</style>  

Hope this helps, Gary

Message 8 of 7

Many thanks Gary. Well, at least now I know 🙂
(Alas is a word I haven't come across in ages. It's quite a useful one!)

Kind regards
Frances

Message 8 of 7

I would also like to see a feature where you can change blog post order for multiple posts made _on the same day_.  I'm attempting to import posts from Facebook for my intramural teams using the blog feature since Facebook recently got rid of Notes.  Sometimes, I write a status and a recap (or two!) on the same day. 

I'm going to want them to show up in chronological order on the same day.  But, right now it looks like whatever post you write _first_ shows up at the top for that particular day.  So if I had a pre-game status and 2 recaps, I would need to post them in reverse order (2nd recap, 1st recap, pre-game status) for them to show up the right way on the blog (pre-game, 1st, 2nd).

Editing blog post order would be a great feature to add!

Message 8 of 7

Michael Russ - Thanks for sharing that - I totally agree!

The only way I've found to present my blog entries in date order is to adjust the date of the blog post. So the date of the post no longer reflects the actual date, but you use it as a device to order the posts - the date could be any date so long as it orders your ages right. Then where the actual date of the post needs to be seen, adding that detail in a text box.

Frances
Message 8 of 7

How to change the date of the blog post?

Message 8 of 7
Square

Hi @Anteater 👋 Log into your site editor, then navigate to your blog page. Click on a blog post, then you should be able to manually edit by clicking on the date itself:

Message 8 of 7