x

Embed an elearning module

How do I post Articulate or Captivate e-learning demo modules on my site that customers can view?  Thx

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Square

Hey @CWBoston! What file format are the modules in? You could probably just use the file option when making links so people can download them.

Message 2 of 18

Thank you, Adam. I haven't created them yet! What file format works best? I was hoping weebly would host the modules, so clients could just view them.

I don't know what I'm doing.

Message 3 of 18
Square

If you make them PDF files, a lot of browsers will open them right in the browser.  This means people can read them in the browser, then use their browser's save function to save it locally later if they want.

Message 4 of 18

Hi,

I have the same problem. How would upload a SCORM 1.2 folder with all the files from a published elearning course into Weebly for viewers to see. Generally the HTML file from the package folder is clicked to get the course to open in a new broswer. ould you guide us if there is a way to upload a group of files into weebly instead of 1 by 1.

N

Message 5 of 18

Hello NAD! Can you tell us a little more about how you'd like users to interact with those files? If they're to be downloaded, I'd usually recommend an archive, like a ZIP file, but that may not be what you're looking for here.

Message 6 of 18

I'm curious to see if this has been solved.  I'd be happy to proide a demo file for the weebly tech team to work on.

Message 7 of 18

Hello Ariavivi! You may want to check with our live Chat team, as they'll be able to receive that file and check it out for you.

Generally speaking, sharing files is done through the File element, though the best implementation can depend on what you want to do with it.

Message 8 of 18

I am also looking to host my elearning courses on Weebly.  And possibly to use the membership feature where once purchased, the user can enter a password to have access to the course to view.  Is there any more info yet on how to upload the courses to Weebly?

Message 9 of 18

Condoleeza, it just depends on the file format of what you want to share. There are a lot of different ways you can go.

You can offer files as digital goods, you can create a product that once paid for prompts you to send your customer an invite
to become a member, and then offer them access to membership protected content.

There's not a built-in apparatus for this specifc goal, but ways to make it work with the tools we provide you.
Message 10 of 18

Hi, based on your answers I'm not sure anyone from the weebly team understands what we are asking.  Captivate files are generated to create RLO (Reusable learning objects).

Besides uploading the swf file into the flash (which limits the visibility when on an ipad), what other options might there be for embedding a HTML5 RLO into weebly?

See this example on Wordpress.  Do you have something like that here?

https://wordpress.org/plugins/insert-or-embed-adobe-captivate-content-into-wp/

Message 11 of 18
Square

If it's HTML5-based it could probably just be included using the Embed Code element. If it needs separate files uploaded with it, they'd need to be added via the theme editor (all files uploaded there are linked as mysite.com/files/theme/filename.extension).

Message 12 of 18

Do you have a video to demonstrate what you mean? I'm a teacher by occupation and need this kind of thing demonstrated as I'm not really a techie.
Message 18 of 18
Square

Hi @Dee_G I'm not sure who your comment is directed at, but some of the replies on this thread are very old. What is it that you are trying to do? 

Message 18 of 18

Oh sorry.  I didn't even think about it being an old thread.  I need to set up an online shop on my weebly website but am having trouble figuring out how to put a digital e-learning module onto my shop page.  Do you get what I mean?  When I'm editing, I wanted to drag in a powerpoint but I think I've figured out that a powerpoint has to be converted into a png or jpg in order to be accepted and posted to the site.

Also, my next phase is going to be linking the website to my bank account so that I can make transactions and issue links for my customers to buy my courses.

Dee

Message 18 of 18
Square

Hi Dee. Thanks for clarifying. Smiley Happy Will you be charging for the powerpoint file right now, or just displaying it? 

Message 18 of 18

Hello!!!

i am interested to get my modules course into weebly platforme, did you finally got it?? Did you install any pluggin for that?

Thanks for your answer

Message 18 of 18

Hello, I am looking for the same kind of thing for a school project website but haven't got a clue. Would love to embed a game from wisc-online game builder where you can download a zip file with a scorm package content. I am not interested at all in viewing results, how many times played etc, I would just love the game to be seen live and to be played on the actual weebly site rather than just inserting a link to wisc-online. Anybody out there who knows how to do this? I have tried on my experimental wordpresssite too and failed because the frame size was always wrong and it would only display have the game (other than that it worked, haha)

Thank you!

Message 19 of 18