x

Explore new themes and contents strategies without affecting an existing Weebly site?

Greetings! I'm helping a client 'reimagine' an existing Weebly site. I'd like to play with themes and content strategies without affecting her existing account. In this scenario, is the best approach to use the "ADD SITE" feature?

Once we have the new one done, what's the best solution for redirecting the existing URL? Will her account require adjustment? Will I need to upgrade the new "ADDED SITE" to a pro level to access all themes / apps, etc.?

My goal is to understand a few best practices to help me create a weebly 'sandbox' to explore in without any risk or impacts to the live site and no risk of visibility to current visitors. That said, I also don't want to have to do the work twice by testing and then reapplying to the live site.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square

Hi @nicknox It sounds like the best course would be to add a new site to practice with. We can move the service/domain name to the new site, or if you think you can easily make the changes/updates to the original site you can add hidden pages and then rename/remove the outdated content. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 2