x

How can I add my sites to a signature for posting in the Community?

I've searched my Settings and I can't figure out a way to permanently add the URLs of my sites, as a signature, for posting here in the Community.  Can anyone help or should I raise this as a New Idea?

Message 1 of 38
2 Best Answers

Best Answer

Hey!

I deleted your idea, as this is an available feature already.

Here's how it works: 

1. Click on your avatar in the top right of your page.

2. Select Settings.

3. From the options under "Personal Profile," select "Personal Information."

4. "Signature" is the third line (under first and last name). You should be able to add your information there. 

Let me know if you don't see it or if you need help adding anything specific. You can use HTML to add links and images.

Thanks, and enjoy your day!

Erin

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 38

Best Answer

Yes, if you use HTML. Here is a tutorial for you: http://www.echoecho.com/htmllinks01.htm

Just let me know if you get stuck! I'm here to help.

View Best Answer >

Message 6 of 38
37 REPLIES 37

Best Answer

Hey!

I deleted your idea, as this is an available feature already.

Here's how it works: 

1. Click on your avatar in the top right of your page.

2. Select Settings.

3. From the options under "Personal Profile," select "Personal Information."

4. "Signature" is the third line (under first and last name). You should be able to add your information there. 

Let me know if you don't see it or if you need help adding anything specific. You can use HTML to add links and images.

Thanks, and enjoy your day!

Erin

Message 2 of 38

@Erin  Thank you for your prompt reply and I thought it would be somewhere in the Settings.  All sorted now!

Message 3 of 38

Great to hear!

Message 4 of 38

@Erin  Is there a way to make the URLs in my signature clickable?

Message 5 of 38

Best Answer

Yes, if you use HTML. Here is a tutorial for you: http://www.echoecho.com/htmllinks01.htm

Just let me know if you get stuck! I'm here to help.

Message 6 of 38

All sorted, thank you @ErinSmiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 38

@Erin - How much can we add to our signatures?
I have a line or two, but cannot seem to add any more (links).

Regards, Jay

Message 8 of 38

Hey, @jaylethbridge

Great question! While there isn't a character limit per se, the line height is capped at 48 pixels tall and 100 pixels wide.

Thanks,

Erin

Message 9 of 38

@Erin wrote:

Hey, @jaylethbridge

Great question! While there isn't a character limit per se, the line height is capped at 48 pixels tall and 100 pixels wide.

Thanks,

Erin

OK, thank you @Erin. Much appreciated.
I did add more to it, but it did not seen to "stick" LOL Smiley Tongue

BTW, thanks to @SusieO for the original question.

Regards, Jay

Message 10 of 38

You're most welcome!

Message 11 of 38

Hy @Erin, unfortunately your solution is not working. I have tried to save my information on the Personal Information part but after saving nothing remains. It is a bug? Thank you! dO - SOLVED (no bug)
Message 12 of 38

Glad to hear that this worked out for you @dO!

Message 13 of 38

Is there a way to make the URLs in my signature clickable?

Hello, @SusieO - I'll PM the code to you to make your signature clickable.

Message 14 of 38

I've done it now, thanks @310EI, but I appreciate your offer to help.

Message 15 of 38

I've done it now, thanks @310EI, but I appreciate your offer to help.

@SusieO - No worries... I PMd the code to you if you change your mind.

Message 16 of 38

I did add more to it, but it did not seen to "stick" LOL

@jaylethbridge - Did you try reducing the font size of your signature lines (see below example)?

Perhaps that would allow you to have more lines in your signature.

EXAMPLE:

Regards, Jay

JAY LETHBRIDGE PHOTOGRAPHY
Based in Newton Abbot, South Devon in England, UK
Some other verbiage here.

You can edit below code to your liking and paste into your Weebly signature area to see what works:

<p><font face="arial,helvetica,sans-serif" size="3">Regards, Jay</font></p>
<p><font face="arial,helvetica,sans-serif" size="3"><strong><a href="http://www.westcountryeventsphotography.co.uk" target="_blank">JAY LETHBRIDGE PHOTOGRAPHY</a></strong></font>
<font face="arial,helvetica,sans-serif" size="2">Based in Newton Abbot, South Devon in England, UK
Some other verbiage here.</font></p>

NOTE: I was purposely repetitive with the FONT lines in above coding so that you could change sizes accordingly.

Message 17 of 38

@310EI are you a coder?  You are very knowledgeable with all of this stuff!  I'm rubbish at coding, by the way, and my two sites are a complete tribute to the ease of use of Weebly!

Message 18 of 38

@310EI - AH, OK. I have done some "basic coding" wayyyyyyy in the past LOL This will (should) definately help somewhat.
Thank you very much indeed. Will play around with this later when I have some free time.

Regards, Jay

Message 19 of 38

@310EI are you a coder? You are very knowledgeable with all of this stuff! I'm rubbish at coding, by the way, and my two sites are a complete tribute to the ease of use of Weebly!

@SusieO - Thank you.

I started to create websites in 1995 by writing code into a plain text editor (.txt file), I still practice that method today when necessary.

Back then, people would say, "Why the heck do I need a website?".

I'd reply, "Because it gives you a way to communicate all the information pertaining to your business/non-profit to potential customers from around the globe (24/7/365). In addition, it will save countless hours every month because your staff won't have to spend time giving company information via phone calls. All they have to tell them is to view our website.".

Of course, it was a lot slower back then to upload files/pictures for a website when your connection was with dial-up service via a 14.4k modem 😉

Weebly is a terrific tool so that everyone has the ability to make eye-appealing websites with ease.

Message 20 of 38

@310EI Weebly is indeed a fantastic tool... especially for non-coders like me!

We've never received any new business via our main website but then we're not really in the type of business that would benefit from internet marketing.  However, our clients expect us to have one and go on it fairly often. 

The main purpose for us of the website is to keep our Introducers (passworded page on the website) in touch with us and provide them with useful information in order for them to refer more new clients to us!

Message 21 of 38