x

How do I change credit card details used for site domain?

I need to change the credit card details currently being used to pay for the use of my weebly site however when I log in I can't see anywhere in settings about payment at all and can't remember where the details were entered in the first place!

Can anyone tell me where to go to change this?!

Thanks!

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

Hi @Adam, yes I get an error message on both subscriptions (see below).
I've tried it several times yesterday and today. I dubble checked all the information before I submitted the billing information and get this error message every time

Message 28 of 27
Square

It looks like the card is just failing to authorize for some reason. If you're sure you're entering the correct information, I would contact your bank or credit card company to see if they can tell from their end why it's being rejected.

Message 28 of 27

I'm sorry @Adam, but the credit card itself can't be the problem (nor the information I filled in because I checked several times before submitting the form). I also activated this card on 2 accounts at Electronic Arts this week and there were no problems at all. I even bought some stuff already with the new card on one of these accounts and that worked fine.
So the problem must be on Weebly side. Will you please check again what it could be because this is the only credit card I have. Therefore it's not possible for me to try a different payment method. I have soon to pay Weebly for my 2 subsciptions so there is some urgency. Thanks in advance for your help.

Message 28 of 27
Square

Hi @MoonshineSim It looks like the billing is failing for the .nl domain name. These domains cannot be manually renewed through the account, and must be auto renewed. If you removed the billing information for the service you can submit a ticket to our support team. A rep will escalate to the advanced support team, and will make sure the service is renewed to the new card for you. 

You can reach the team by scrolling to the bottom of our Help Center and clicking the contact us button. Once you see the automated chat window try typing something like "speak with a rep" to be directed to the teams available to your account. 

Message 28 of 27

Hi @Bernadette, thanks for your reply. I will file a ticket to the Weebly support team but this is ridiculous. Not only changing the payment method for the .nl domain name is failing but also for my Weebly Starter plan which is seperate and has nothing to do with a .nl domain name. So I think there is definitely something wrong with this Weebly option to change the payment method. Might I suggest that the Weebly support is looking into this problem so there will be no problems in the future? I'd like to hear from you.

Message 28 of 27
Square

My apologies. I didn't catch the failing for the hosting plan as well. Please make sure the rep is aware of the issue you are having with both services. The domain name will still need to be escalated to the team, but they should be able to troubleshoot the account so that you can make manual purchases on your own for additional services. 

Message 28 of 27