x

How do I connect my website email (gsuite) so I can monitor the inbox through my personal gmail?

I have set up an email for my website, successfully through gsuite, and am using MailChimp for newsletters. I would like to monitor this email address through my gmail account by setting up "add a mail account" in my gmail settings. When I do so, I am given the error "there was a problem connecting to mail.[mywebsitename].com

Is there something I've done wrong? How do I know what port to select? (currently 110)

Is there another way to monitor the email from this account without having to open multiple gmail profiles at once?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square

Did you enable POP3 for your G Suite email account? Google's instructions on checking another email account mention that you need to enable that.

Message 8 of 7

It shows that it is enabled in my gmail settings of the account that I want to receive the messages in as well as from my website email.

The error code I get is:

There was a problem connecting to mail.[domainname].com
 Server returned error: "Connection timed out: There may be a problem with the settings you added. Please contact your other email provider to verify the correct server name and port.
Message 8 of 7
Square

Where do you see this error? Is it showing in the actual email box? I'm not familiar with this process, but it might be something another user has some experience with. Just to confirm, though, this error is not showing within your actual Weebly account? 

Message 8 of 7

I see the error when I try to add the website gmail account through "settings - accounts and imports - add an email"

When I enter in the email address for my gsuite website account, I'm told I can't use gmailify, and am then prompted to enter the email address, username, password and pop server.  The pop server automatically populates with mail.[mywebsitename].com and Port 110.

I then select options (like leaving a message on the server, using ssl) and select "add account". That's when the error message comes up.

Message 8 of 7
Square

Hmm... It's possible that you need to make a DNS change for your website or use a different POP domain. Have you contacted Google yet? They might have a better idea how to set this up.

Message 8 of 7

I'll try that. Thanks.

Message 8 of 7