x

How do I resize when it says auto?

I want to resize a box that has the company name in it.  It says drag to resize.

When I click to drag, a little thing pops up that says auto.

How do I change it from auto to something I can control?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Square

Hi @dkkjhowe If you hold the control button while you drag, you should be able to override the "auto" function. Can you please confirm the site title you are trying to edit? Thanks!

Message 10 of 9

Bernadette - thanks for responding so quickly.

Unfortunately, I could not get ctrl+drag to work.

The site is:

dankauffmanexcavating.com

On the home page, for instance, there is a header with the names of our three companies and a slideshow.  When I select the box for editing, I have a choice to edit background or replace header layout.

Then there is the circle that says you can resize by dragging, but when I do that, it shows a thing that says "auto".

Pressing ctrl while trying to drag up and shorten the header box does not work.

I am going to go back and check some other areas.  I've check other headers on my site and I have the same issue.

Again, thank you.

Message 10 of 9

Hi  @dkkjhowe 

If u click on the blue dot,  hold the mouse button down and drag it      i never use in conjunction with CTRL button

Message 10 of 9

Thank you for responding.

That does work if I want to make the box bigger.

I can drag the line down and that works.

However, when I try to make it smaller by dragging the line up, I get the annoying "auto" message instead of 1168px, for example, that I see when I drag the line down?

Message 10 of 9
Square

You might be hitting the minimum height for the section so it won't let you make it any short than it already is, @dkkjhowe.

Message 10 of 9

Exactement !!  

Message 10 of 9

Well that sucks.  I want to control the size of the box to get rid of all that extra space.

Message 10 of 9

@dkkjhowe 

U can set the top and  bottom margin of images to zero   on screen  and   u can  reduce text margins too  if u can get into the html.   Smiley Wink)

Message 10 of 9