x

How do I set up a product as a donation?

I am trying to set up a product in my store as a donation.  I am not finding that it is allowing me to do this as per the Weebly help page.  Anyone have suggestions?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Square

Hi @SG_1 What part of the instructions are you having trouble with? 

Message 12 of 11

'After entering the basic information for your item, you can set up donation amounts. There are a few preset options that you can edit or delete. You can add additional dollar amounts by typing them into the text box and hitting the enter button. By default, a custom amount option is included for donations. This allows donors to set their own price (up to the maximum limit of $5,000.00) instead of choosing one of the presets. If you don’t want to offer this option, use the toggle to turn it off. Make any other changes you want, then save.'

I dont get any preset options and no toggle to turn anything on or off....

Message 12 of 11
Square

Is this for the site, www.bcokew.org? Your site is using our older editor and the custom donation field is not available for this type of account. I'm really sorry for any confusion! 

Message 12 of 11

Can you please advise how I can set up an open ended amount for donations?  I have a group of suggested amounts but want to have a box where people can enter how much they would like to give.... 

Message 12 of 11
Square

At this time it wouldn't be possible to do that with your product, @SG_1. Sorry about that!

Message 12 of 11

The suggestion I was given was to recreate my entire site using the Squareup web builder which isn't nearly as user friendly as the Weebly. Either that or create a link to the Square register donations page which does offer the variable input field and presets.

I would I thought the whole point of the buy out was to streamline these types of integration so customers wouldn't have to link to one place or the other. All the options would be in one place.

Message 12 of 11

To Whomever This Concerns,

Because Weebly offers the connect a domain only plan (not offered by Square) and because of the very user friendly website builder tools, it would be very useful and appreciated if Weebly could update the payments editor to include donations. 

I would prefer this, as opposed to having to link to the square site. This is prefered for a number of reasons but the main one being not having to redirect website guests. 

If this is an option to vote on, please point me to the page and I will put in my vote.  

Message 12 of 11
Square

Thanks for the feedback, @beautifullife. Square Online sites should see the option for the Personal plan, which is identical to the Connect plan that Weebly sites can use. Outside of the difference in name, both plans are meant for sites where all you need is the option to use a custom domain as the address of your website.

Message 12 of 11

Hi Adam, 

Thank you for your response. The only Square online plans visible to me are "Free" (no custom domain connection), "Professional" ($12/m), "Performance" ($26/m) and "Premium" ($72/m). I don't see a Personal Plan option unless it is hidden for some reason. The Weebly "Connect" plan (attach custom domain) is $4/m if you pay it annually - the cheapest Square online plan would be a 30% increase in what I'm paying now -- not exactly "identical." Is there a Square online plan comparable to this? 

Also, I began rebuilding my site using Square online but I stopped. The builder is not nearly as user friendly. I also couldn't find the comparable plan to attach. 

Please advise.

Message 12 of 11
Square

On the plan select screen, scroll down to underneath those three plans and you should see a "try now" link for the personal plan. It's easy to miss since it's tucked underneath:

Message 12 of 11