x

Not happy with support. Have to ask here.

First of all I want to say that support from zendesk could have been better. More often than not I receive canned replies which not even address my question/problem. Sometimes I have to reply with "please read my email, it's not what I asked!"

Yesterday I asked if there is a tutorial on how to import csv file from Etsy. Do I have to tweak the file to make it work with Weebly?

I read the article provided by Weebly, but it explains how to bulk edit your items using csv file. But there is not much on what to do to imports csv from Etsy (which has different configuration).

The reply I received? 

"Hi Julia,

Ultimately you would have to take the fields from your Etsy csv and form them into the fields that we provide.

Thank you!
Matt J
Customer Success Advocate"

What does this even mean? I am not tech savvy that is WHY I am on Weebly. 

"fields we provide"? what fields? Where are the "fields"

Is this a type of reply I suppose to receive from support? One line like this?

Please, if anyone has any information on how to do this, please help. Thank you!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Message 2 of 12

Thank you Caljack, but as I said in my initial post, I have read that article. It doesn explain step by step importing products from other sites.

Message 3 of 12

Have you tried the Chat or phone support?  I typically find these methods not only faster, but better for me personally.

Message 4 of 12

The Chat and Phone options are not logistically appropriate, when I live in Australia. I also had this problem when I emailed the Support Team on Saturday (after just paying big bucks to join the Business Plan). To say I was "under-whelmed" with the response, would be an understatement.
Message 5 of 12

Your feedback is extremely helpful, @Lisa-S! I will certainly pass this on to our Support Team.

If you have other feedback, please let me know.

Message 6 of 12

Hi, there!

I'm sorry that you received a confusing reply! The short answer is yes, you will indeed need to tweak the Etsy form.

I recommend downloading the sample form that Weebly gives you so that you can see what your form should look like. You shouldn't have to edit your Etsy form that much, but a few changes will need to be made to ensure a smooth import.

Please let me know if you get stuck - I'm happy to help!

Thanks, and enjoy your day!

Erin

Weebly Community Manager

Message 7 of 12

Thank you Erin. I will do what you suggested.

Message 8 of 12

Customer support seems to be close to non existant.

Otherwise Weebly works for me.

Message 9 of 12

Phone line, chat room, email request, tutorials, this forum... those are, like, five things that exist? Cat Tongue

Message 10 of 12

There is no chat option on any of the weebly pages I visit (I'm talking about weebly's own pages, not user pages created on weebly). Nor can I see a phone number anywere.

Message 11 of 12

Hey there! Those options would be located here, though they would not be accessable outside of business hours. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Message 12 of 12