x

Reference or referencing store policies as links in the footer

I would like to list my store policies (Shipping and Return) in the footer of my store website so that customer can see and read them before hand.  How do I link to these policies without creating a page and pasting all the text and then creating a link in the footer to point to the page?  I want to avoid duplicating the policies externally to where they are right now so that I have only one place to make updates of them should I need to.  Thank you.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square

There isn't really a way to link specifically to that text, unfortunately. Hmm.. If you always have hidden pages linked in your footer, you might be able to just remove what you have entered in your Store settings, since these links would be there on all store pages.

Message 7 of 6

Thank you for replying.

If I remove my in-store policies, and replace them with/on hidden pages that I can easily reference, then a customer won't see them during checkout, which is also an important place that I would like to clearly make them (policies) available/visible.

Thanks again.

Message 7 of 6
Square

True - and a very valid point. Hmm.. You can make links in the return policy/shipping policy fields. Maybe you could do something like this:

Message 7 of 6

Thank you.  The solution you proposed somewhat works.  My issue with it is that, it creates one more click/step to get to the policy I want to display after a site-visitor has already clicked to view a return or shipping policy.  I was hoping that if a site visitor clicks on the link, say return policy,  it right away shows the said policy. 

I appreciate your help!

Message 7 of 6
Square

Yea, I agree with you in that it's always best to try and keep things as simple as possible for visitors.

Message 7 of 6