x

Removing price from products

Hello,

1. I would like to know how i remove the price from my products and page.

2. The same to remove the quantity.

3. The same to the box "Not available"

I already read posts with the same question from here, and tried to make changes on HTML, but i really not understand about this.

I hope you could help me, please.

www.paperstudiobyc.com

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

Hello @CPpaperstudio!

There is not a way within Weebly to do any of those. Your best option would be to simply use standard image and text elements rather than a store product if you don't wish to display those options.

Best of luck to you and happy Weeblying (and holidays)!

Message 2 of 31

Thank you so much for your answer, but i do you suggest me to make? Because i think i haven't understood totaly your suggestions, i'm sorry.

I create a new page as category? --> I already have one

I create a new page for the products? --> It's where i have the products with prices too.

Is there any way to change that instead i make everything again? I have more than 100 produtc and i spent hours creating all products in hope that i could remove the price, once is not a e-commerce website with cart.

I appreciate all your help.

Thank you so much,

Cristina

Message 3 of 31
Square

It might be possible to simply hide it with some custom CSS. We don't provide assistance with that ourselves, but some of our Community members might be able to help. What's the address of your site (if it's live)?

Message 4 of 31

hi Adam

Can I get assistance from community members to advise me how I can remove the price tag from the store page?

my site is Mrspaynes.com.au.  Thanks

Regards

Ai Hwa

Message 31 of 31
Square

Message 31 of 31

hi Adam

I have tried the suggested solutions in below link but didn't work.  I may did it wrong, here is what I did :

I paste below to the commerce>product>main.tpl

<div id="wsite-com-product-info">
<div id="wsite-com-product-info-inner">

{{> commerce/product/title}}
{{> commerce/product/sku}}
<!-- Hiding the price
{{> commerce/product/price}}
-->

<style type="text/css">
#wsite-com-product-price-area { visibility: hidden; }
</style>

{{> commerce/product/short-description}}
{{> commerce/product/sharing}}
{{> commerce/product/options}}

please help ... thanks

https://community.weebly.com/t5/Themes/Hide-Pricing-for-Wholesale-Website-Shopping-Cart-Disabled/td-...

Message 31 of 31
Square

I believe I saw on another thread about this that someone just removed this from that template and also worked:

{{> commerce/product/price}}

Message 31 of 31

it did not work for me.  may be I did it wrong.  Can you help to have a look at my site : Mrspaynes.com.au?  Or tell me in exact page I need to modify.  Please ...Otherwise I have to change the theme to make it work - this will take a lot of my time. thanks

Message 31 of 31
Square

Maybe because you are on an older theme. We now longer use those "storefront pages". I did a little work-around with our newer Product element and this element actually wouldn't require any coding to hide the prices. It's not quite like your current Products page, but it may work for you for the time being. I hid it from navigation so you will have to click on Pages tab first. Then you will see the "copyProducts" page I made. If you click within the product elements you will see the options for what you want to display. 

Again, not exactly what you are looking for, but I hope it helps a little until someone in the community can help you out with the custom coding. Smiley Happy

Message 31 of 31

I thought I have posted my comments yesterday but could not locate it. Anyway thanks again for your help. I did try your method but I would have to do further clean about link to this new page. Yesterday I did make some changes to the codes and it worked.  Today I noticed the code only worked for site viewed by desktop not on mobile.

Is there a separate code for mobile appearance ?  Please advise.  I fixed the website on desktop but now I need to fix the mobile side to hide the pricing. 

Look forward to hear from you soon. Thanks 

Message 31 of 31
Square

Which changes did you make that worked on Desktop but not Mobile? Was it the template change or just CSS?

Message 31 of 31

I made changes to CSS only.

Message 31 of 31
Square

It's possible that the CSS is slightly different on the mobile site. What site did you make your changes to?

Message 31 of 31

hi Adam,

Thanks for prompt response.  The site I made changes to is mrspaynes.com.au.  

Cheers

TyfoodKitchen.

Message 31 of 31
Square

It looks like you're using an older theme, so the mobile site is a little different. You'll want to look for this, or add a new rule to hide it if you don't see it in your CSS:

#wsite-product-price
Message 31 of 31

i look everywhere in CSS for the price variable I can comment out.. but I could not find any further than what I found that worked for desktop..  Any further idea which part of CSS is relevant for mobile appearance changes?

I will change to new theme once I find time next year .. the new theme seems have same problems as old theme where I could see the price tag if I am using the front store theme. so don't think it worth to switch unless someone show me new theme can hide price tag without changing to CSS!

Message 31 of 31

hi Adam

Just a follow up on my previous message, would appreciate if you could advise me which part of CSS is relevant for mobile changes?

Look forward to hear from you soon.

Regards
Ai Hwa
Message 31 of 31
Square

If that isn't found within the CSS you can edit for your theme, you might have to add something like this to Settings > SEO > Header Code:

<style>
#wsite-product-price { display: none !important; }
</style>

That will hide it for all products on mobile. If you want to hide only specific products, add it to a product's long description area with an embed code element.

Message 31 of 31

hi Adam

Thanks for reply. I did add the below to  Settings > SEO > Header Code.  But it did not work.   Am I missing something? Please advise. Thanks again for your response, really appreciated.

<style>
#wsite-product-price { display: none !important; }
</style>
Message 31 of 31
Square

It's working for me when I check your live mobile site. Are you still seeing the price on your mobile device?

Message 31 of 31