x

Setup desktop weebly website for best display on mobile device

My desktop website does not display well on a Mobile device. Are there any references ( Udemy courses, Weebly, or other) that I can use as reference/guide to improve website  for mobile viewers.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square

The site should be mobile responsive. What is the name of your website? We can take a look for you. Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 7

Message 8 of 7
Square

Thanks. Can you give us an example of what you do not like about the mobile view? From what I can see the elements are showing up properly. There are a few apps in the app center that might help you out depending on the look you are trying to achieve. 

Message 8 of 7

log on  alabamaadvantage.com  / Desk Top (D) Menue depicts : Retire To Alabama; Free Magazine ; Contact Us: Mobile Menu depicts: Same INFO by clicking (3) horozontial Bars in Top Left/

• Click Mobile - Retire TO Alabama- You will see Retire To Alabama / Retire To Alabama ( Listed 2 times)????
    Question : WHY??? 2- times
  • Click Best Places TO Live- see two links////  Desk Top You see  View Your Current Address///Mobile You See  Type In... ( Word is cut Off)
  • Next see Map/// Desk Top depicts map with 5 regional links/ Mobile does not depict links..
  • Desk Top - depicts Magazine/ Mobile depicts 1/2 Magazibe which require adjustment.Please appreciate taht I am searching for info about how to best setup website for mobile because most visitors are using mobile..
  • Other.. weebly says There are a few apps in the app center that might help you out depending on the look you are trying to achieve. Me, I am open for suggestions = what are the apps - in the App Center.. My objective is to hace a simple easy website for the user.. open for suggestions...  thank you in advance for reading and responding to my post
Message 8 of 7
Square

Thanks for the extra details, @Armoral. The menu icon (three lines) is how the navigation menu is supposed to behave on a mobile device. This is pretty much the standard approach for modern mobile sites, since it's much easier to use than having a lot of very small links across the top. The reason you see "Retire to Alabama" twice is because your top level navigation item is a link. If that was made so that tapping it in the mobile navigation took you to the page, it wouldn't work to expand show any sub-menu items. We have to add it a second time to the expanded menu so that a visitor still has the option of going to what you linked it to. It can seem a little weird, but it ensures that all the links in your navigation are accessible.

Message 8 of 7

I turned off the mobile viewer so now on mobile my site looks similar to the desktop there is another thread on what code to delete but i can't rember where. A quick google search should help.

Message 8 of 7