x

Using *.mypreviewsite - will the links automatically transfer when I publish to the actual domain?

I'm using *.mypreview.site to show my client a preview of their website for the purpose of approval and testing. There are many (many) page and document links, and I want to be sure that those links will update automatically when we go live to the actual domain name. In short - will *.mypreview.site/calendar.html become actualdomainname.org/calendar.html without further attention?

I have a WebPro account, upgraded from the old Designer Pro.

Also, is it possible to assign a customized name for a preview site? The current system offers alphanumeric garble (represented by * in my question above), and I don't see a way to change that. It would be an improvement in terms of working with clients...

Please help! I'd want to have a clear launch schedule.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square

Thanks for posting. Yes, once you assign and publish the site the urls will update to the correct domain name. I don't believe there's any plans to change the preview url, but maybe you could use a url shortener if it makes it easier to provide to the clients. bit.ly is one that we use. 

Message 5 of 4

Thank you!

Message 5 of 4
Square

You're welcome! Take care. Heart

Message 5 of 4