x

Website formatting gone awry

Hoping someone can help, I was trying to edit the background color of my footer, and when it didn't work, and I changed the code back to how I had it and returned to edit my site, all kind of formats had changed.  Some font is now blue (was green), navigation menu is terrible,  things that were app caps aren't...

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

The one on top with green title is what it's supposed to look like, (it's a screenshot of the live site because I didn't publish after it went wacky) and the one with blue is what it looks like now!  no idea what happenedimageimage

Message 5 of 4

I still don't know why it happened, but I changed to a different theme, then back to the one I had (pre-edits) and it worked.  There was some minor code editing I'd done before that was missing, but crisis averted.  If anyone might now what happened, I'd still like to know so I can make sure it doesn't happen again.  Also, I still haven't managed to change my footer color, so if anyone can help me...

Message 5 of 4
Square

It sounds like when you reverted your change back there was a small typo in your CSS code. It's really easy to break CSS code with syntax errors, and when that happens it will cause all sorts of display issues. Switching to the standard version of the theme like you did is the quickest way to resolve the issue.

Message 5 of 4