x

why is the spacing of my website different when I publish it?

When I go to my published site the  spacing is off. In the editor it is completely fine but when i hit publish all of the sudden it is off but it stays ok in the editor.

My website URL is: https://fws3.weebly.com/

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Square

Welcome to the Community, @SirBangsAlot.

This is probably due to the change in "screen size" from what you have in the editor vs the published site. Where on your site are you seeing this?

Message 11 of 10

I am seeing it a little bit in crawlspace towards the end and it is very bad in the structural tab

Message 11 of 10
Square

Are you talking about the bottom of the page in the footer area? 

Message 11 of 10

Yes, I put spacers in between each title and, in the editor it looks fine. When i publish the website though when you scroll to the bottom of a page like crawlspace and structural its like the spacers have not been working properly and the titles are not lined up with the images. this is especially noticable on the pages with more items. 

Message 11 of 10
Square

I'm not sure if I'm looking in the right place, but is it this section? It looks correct to me, but if not, please provide some additional screenshots so that we are all on the same page. Thanks! 

Message 11 of 10

imageimage

You can see here that in the editor the names and pictures line up. But on the published site the titles become smooshed together to where there are like 3 titles per 1 image. Why is my spacing not carrying over?

Message 11 of 10
Square

The different width of the site in the website editor sometimes will cause positioning to change some as compared to the published website.

If you want specific items to be in columns next to each other, use multiple columns elements rather than a single one with two tall columns. Drag a text element up and out of the current column, then drag the image you want next to it out of the current one and to the right of the text you just moved. That should create a separate columns element. After that just repeat the same process and it should get you what you want.

Message 11 of 10

That is actually excatly how i built the website. I put image in the dragged the text element to the side and created a seperate column. Then i just dragged images under the first one in the right column and text under the first text in the left column... this is really frustrating. Sorry for late response. 

Message 11 of 10
Square

Can you try hovering over the elements in the editor? You should see a blue guide line light up, and will need to make sure the line is covering both elements. 

Message 11 of 10