x

How do I edit my mobile site or control how content is shown on it?

[Note: The title of this post has been edited by a moderator.]

It won't let me edit my mobile site, and I'm not a fan how it's automatically been done by weebly. It's saying this is a responsive theme. Is there any way to edit this? Thanks

Message 1 of 82
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Try doing something like this, @jeremyslome:

1. Add the Hide app from the App Center to your site: https://www.weebly.com/app-center/hide?ref=ac-search

2. Drag the element into the header area, then add a spacer into it

3. Set it to only display on small devices

I think that doing this should make it so the spacers give extra height to the header area, but only on mobile.

View Best Answer >

Message 33 of 82
81 REPLIES 81
Square

What you're looking at in the editor is meant to be a mobile preview and not a separate editor for the mobile site. I have removed that text for you, though, so it shouldn't show in the mobile preview or on the live site if you re-publish.

Message 50 of 82

Hello

I'm also struggling with differences between PC and mobile/tablet view.

I bought the Weebly overlap, which has taken a while to combine with a link (I had to add a button) and then format the text in the html/CSS edit area. The site is www.ccoengineers.com

So it all looks as I want on the PC, but on the mobile or tablet view, there is no mouse hover, so the button/titles within the overlay only appear if the picture is clicked on... so at first glance the reader can't really see what they are supposed to do. On the PC, just hovering over the images reveals information....

I understand that a "media query" is what I need - and I seem to have found a bit of code (?) which might make the change, but I have no idea where to paste this in, or if I should.... can you help please?

Thanks in advance!

@media only screen and (max-width: 992px) {
.hide-on-mobile-and-tablet {
display: none !important;
}
Message 50 of 82
Square

This isn't expected behavior on a mobile device? Are you trying to make it hover on scroll? I'm not able to assist with code, but hopefully someone on here will be able to help out if this is possible. Smiley Happy 

Message 50 of 82

Thanks Bernadette

I bought the app from the weebly store without understanding that the overlay was only for PC.

If it doesn't work on mobile or tablet it's not a big deal, but I'd like to have the button (currenly dragged on to the overlay) showing on the photo, even if the overlay doesn't show up....

Fingers crossed someone comes along soon who knows how to edit the mobile/tablet site while leaving the PC alone.

Thanks again

Message 50 of 82
Square

You're welcome. Smiley Happy Have you tried reaching out to the app developer? http://codoplex.weebly.com/contact.html#sthash.rrhWxarY.dpbs

Message 50 of 82

Yes he was very helpful in the first instance getting the PC site to work for a combination of overlay and link (by using a button).

Unfortunately he doesn't have a fix for the mobile issues: "You will have to paste the codes either editing theme files or inside settings-seo-header code. I think you need an experienced developer to do it for you."

Message 50 of 82

Bump - anyone?

It's so frustrating this, because when I first used Weebly around 8 years ago, it was possible to switch off the auto-optimisation for mobiles. Surely this still should be possible now?! 

Message 50 of 82

Hi Adam,

for our mobile site, we would like to have the product display 2 per row instead of 1 per row. Is there anything you guys can do to make this layout possible.

Thanks

Sharon

Message 61 of 82
Square

Hi @SA36 There is an app you can use that will help you achieve this look. Smiley Happy https://www.weebly.com/app-center/column-lock?ref=ac-search

Message 61 of 82

Hi Bernadette,

We want 4 column to a row for our desktop and 2 column to a row for our mobile, for the column lock app, its across the both desktop and mobile, or at least thats how it is when i use the column lock app, or did i do it wrong because it seems like the lock is across both desktop and mobile.

Message 61 of 82
Square

If you also use the Hide app you can get what you need:

https://www.weebly.com/app-center/hide

Basically, you use one hide app set to show on a small screen that has the columns lock app in it and 2 columns, then duplicate the content, make the copy have four rows, and have it set to show on everything but small screens.

Message 61 of 82

Tried using this app but it is not  working.  

Message 61 of 82
Square

Hi @SA36 Can you clarify what you mean by the app not working? Thanks! 

Message 61 of 82

i have added the column lock for my landing page element under the pictures and text and a button so that on a small destop size and on mobile, this section is to appear as 1 instead of 1 picture and then below it is text and then below text is the button. 

thanks

Message 61 of 82

Something has happenedd to the mobile version of my website, specifically, the navagation menu text options are almost unreadable.  The font for each menu option is now white (against a white background) with just a faint outline of the letters in black - so on Android devices this makes it very hard to read those to navigate the site.  I've never done anything specifically for my mobile version ....  

Is there anyway to change those for www.tkservices.ie

Thanks in advance for any input

Tina

Message 61 of 82
Square

I think it may be an issue being caused by your custom theme, @tinakins. Can you try switching temporarily to a standard theme?

Message 61 of 82

Hi Adam, thanks for the quick response.  I've made no recent changes to my site (other than changing text or adding blog posts) yet the navigation menu text font on the mobile version has changed......it wasn't always this kind of transparent colour.

I don't know how to switch temporarily to a standard theme ... I don't want to mess up and loose all the work I have done ..? Do I make a copy, then change the theme and then publish that copy for a minute or two??

T

Message 61 of 82
Square

Hi @tinakins Yes, it's best to make a copy of your site first. Then you can practice switching themes on the copy site before updating the main site. Smiley Happy It's definitely something you should consider doing since your site is using the base of an older theme. The newer themes are mobile responsive and incorporate sections. I see a few copy sites in your account. Did you figure out how to make the copy? It should be the three dots to the right of Edit Site. 

Message 61 of 82

I have this problem too. My desktop version looks great. The mobile version looks awful, and I don't know what to do. Smiley Sad

Message 63 of 82
Square

Hi @BPM It looks like you have a couple sites in your account. Can you please let us know the url of the one you are having issues with? Can you also clarify exactly what about the mobile site does not look right to you? Thanks! 

Message 63 of 82

Hi Adam, I have the same issue but it's really annoying because my mobile app looks so squached and unproportionate... I really need to edit the mobile version...

Message 65 of 82