x

Website would not show on mobile device

One of my clients tried to bring up my website from her phone, but said that she only got a green screen. She waited 3 minutes to make sure it wasn't a loading issue, but the screen did not change. The theme background color is green, so I am not sure if it may be a compatability issue?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Hi, @ARivera!

Sorry to hear about this. Can you give me the link she was nagivating to? Also, do you know what type of phone she was using?

Thanks,

Erin

Weebly Community Manager

Message 2 of 14

We are having a similar issue. 

I linked the new site to a FB post yesterday. The link works fine on computer, but on mobile devices, takes you to the undeveloped theme photos and content (as on the weebly home page), not the developed / published website. Happens on both android and iphone. 

Message 3 of 14
Square

Which page of your site has the link, @missyc, and where is it on the page? I'll take a look.

Message 4 of 14

Same here. When I click on "Display the mobile-optimized version of this website when someone visits from a mobile device" in my site editor (while working on a desktop Mac 10.6 via Chrome, if it matters), the basic site elements (template items, mobile "hamburger" menu) will show on an Android phone, but my page content (images/text) will not show.

Message 9 of 14

litho347, you are using an older adaptive theme. I would suggest switching to a newer responsive theme.

cafiesa, I am seeing the current version of the site on my mobile device.
I can't account for what's going on as far as your phone. Have you tried a different mobile device in your troubleshooting?
Message 9 of 14

Thanks, Brodie. I made a switch to a new theme, assuming all are now responsive design, but a vertical view on my cell phone doesn't scale the header images. Unsure if that's not truly responsive, or if I don't have a complete grasp on things (meaning, if I assume the header should be scaled to width when looking at my phone while holding it vertically).

Message 9 of 14
Square

When a header image resizes for mobile, it might crop because of how the site is responding to the smaller screen.  Basically speaking, the amount shown horizontally is determined by the height of the header area; the image will auto-fit this, but because there's less horizontal screen space it clips part of it.

The best way to get around this I've found is to make sure your header images have some negative space on the sides, so it doesn't matter that much if the edges aren't shown.

Message 9 of 14

I am having the same issue.

www.cafiesa.com  It is published and shows up on the webbrowsers, but does not show up on my mobile device (Nexus 5x). instead, I have the old design of the webpage before I redirected the domain.

Please help.

Thanks

Message 15 of 14
Square

It sounds like your DNS changes haven't fully propagated, @cafiesa. If you give it a little longer it should work. I'd also recommend clearing the cache on your phone:

http://www.refreshyourcache.com

Message 15 of 14

@Adam@Brodie 

It seems that my problem is solved, buy Adam is right, it needs more time because it is still updating in older nameservers.

However, the mobile site wasn't showing at the beginning, and GoDaddy asked me to point the mobile site with CNAME.

So now it works, even thought sometimes the old site still shows up. But that should be gone in a few days.

Thank you for your help.

Message 15 of 14
Square

Not a problem, @cafiesa. We're glad to help! Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 14

Hi there,

I am facing a similar issue. My site https://www.unloadathenslockers.com comes up ok on my laptop but on my iPhone the browser (Safari) will not bring it up. Can you help?

Thanks,

Thomas

Message 15 of 14
Square

It looks like you just purchased the domain name, @T0Mari. It can sometimes take 24 to 48 hours or so for a new domain to work on all devices. If you give it a little longer it should work fine on your mobile device.

Message 15 of 14