x

What is the best size for images on my website?

[Note: The title of this post has been edited by a moderator.]

When uploading pictures to gallery or slideshow or even picture element, are there any guidelines/ recommendations  on pixel sizes and file sizes and types if images? 

Of course there are general guidelines on preferably image types should be preferably JPEG rather than say PNG and file size should be optimal in KBs rather than MBs? Also aware that Weebly picture element allows to resize the picture dimensions once uploaded.

Any more definitive guidelines for all three factors related to an image -file memory size(KB) , physical dimensions ( pixels such as 1000 pixel X 750 pixels etc) and finally file type while uploading the file?  

A simple guidelines table mentioning these three factors for images for Header , half header, 3 column picture gallery on home page, an image in a blog post etc will be helpful to upload optimum size images.

Thank you all

Message 1 of 26
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Generally speaking, stick to JPG and PNG files that are 72 DPI and no more than 1000 pixels on their longest side.  This should get you the best results when using Image, Gallery, and Slideshow elements or sections. For header and section background images, a size of 2000 pixels wide by 1000 pixels high will usually work okay for most sections. It depends a little on the content of the image itself and on how much content you plan on adding to the section.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

@ everyone    

i like to edit my images in SNAPSPEED    to 4:3    b4 up loading.

if the images get cropped   , check the image ratio   on the on page image element.... square, rectangular, none    

works A OK for me using this MO

i some times use the Cymera app, which reduces the MB  of said picture  plus u can pixelate faces or numbers when using photos of visas...where i block out the numbers

Message 2 of 26

Thanks so much for sharing this. I was having this issue and it cleared it right up!

Message 2 of 26

i can feel you right now

Message 2 of 26

Instead of years of chasing the same Aspect and Dimensions issues.  Since anyone can change any of these 20x easier than guessing.  .  How about if the proper dimensions and aspect specifications,  accoring to each Image Space isnt listed somewhere so we dont have to keep guessing ?

Message 2 of 26

@No_ManI agree. This would be such a simple and super useful guide. How can there not already be a guide for image dimensions for each application? The "simplicity" of Weebly is feeling a bit crippling right now. I'm doing a site for a friend who's a personal trainer. Lots of images and it's now turning into a huge job without any guidelines.
Is there any simple guide to image sizes?
Message 2 of 26