x

button text

How do I remove a Button Text ? I've clicked on it & all that comes up is the box to add link/change spacing/adjust size. Can't find anything to delete it. 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Square

Hey there @Di1! Is this a button in the header area of a page of your site, or a button element you added to a page?

Message 2 of 13

Hi Adam, 

Seems to be the added element under my text. I don't recall adding it but usually it's pretty easy to remove an element if you change your mind. Just can't this one to go away. 

Diana

Message 3 of 13
Square

Sounds like one that comes with the Landing Page page type.  Try going to the Pages tab and changing to Tall Header. It should look pretty similar visually but not include the button.

Message 4 of 13

I am having the same issue. I did what you suggested and changed it to "tall header," but now my "title text" sits too low for me on the page. I would really like for the button to just be deleted...?

-Melanie A.

Message 5 of 13
Square

Which page of your site is the button on, @MelanieA? If you leave the button text as the default "Button Text" it should remain invisible on the live site.

Message 6 of 13

I have the same problem on the "Landing" page. There are altogether 5 buttons there, beside the home button which I shall maintain, I need to change the text on the other 4 buttons. How do I do that?

Also can I add 2 more buttons on to this Landing page?

Message 14 of 13
Square

Click on a button's text and start typing to edit the text of the button. If you want to add more buttons, simply drag them over from the list of elements to the left.

Message 14 of 13

Dear Adam,

It just doesn't work out as what you say, When I click on the button, it just opens up to that page. I can't do any text editing.

On the add button issue, when I drag the button element to the button menu, it just does not add a new button, but something else will appear.

As a result, I just can't get anything done

Message 14 of 13

That certainly sounds like it would make work tough! We haven't been able to recreate that problem on the sites associated with your account yet. Just to clarify, you're accessing the site via the Edit Site button in the dashboard, rather than any other way?

Message 14 of 13

Yes, after sign-in, I go to edit the site. Now I can edit the button text by going into pages seperately. But I still can't add a new button onto the the "button row". What should I do next? Thanks.

Message 14 of 13

If you're referring to the navigation bar at the top, that would list your pages by name. If you want a new label there, you'll only need to make the new page, and it should appear automatically, so long as you don't hide the page from navigation.

Message 14 of 13

OK that is good, I got it added. Thanks a lot!

Message 14 of 13