x

Facebook Pixel - Set up Dynamic Conversion Values

We have a non-profit and are trying to track donations on our site.  We have successfully set up a Facebook Pixel, but would like to track conversions for multiple values.  Below is what Facebook suggests developers do for a variety of other sites.  Any idea what we would need to change for our site with values starting at 1.00 and upwards?

"Set up dynamic conversion values

If you have multiple values that you want to track (ex: you're selling multiple items with different prices), you can make the value dynamic. We recommend asking your website developer to dynamically pass the value of the purchase in place of the 0.00 in the "value: 0.00" portion of the purchase event.

Purchase variables vary from site to site, so you'll have to work with your developer on what your site's variables are. Here are some common examples:

Shopify:

'{{ total_price | money_without_currency }}','currency':'USD'

Magento:

<?php echo $amount; ?> 

WooCommerce:

<?php echo $order->get_order_total(); ?> 

Squarespace:

{orderGrandTotal} 

BigCommerce:

%%ORDER_SUBTOTAL%%;
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square

Hi @chispaluz

I'm not super familiar with Facebook Pixel, but I will do some research for you. Smiley Happy Maybe someone on the community will be able to answer as well. Thanks so much for your patience. 

Message 2 of 7

Looking forward to your help.  Thank you!

Message 3 of 7
Square

Can you paste in the conversion code that Facebook provides, @chispaluz? In Store > Setup we provide three different fields for tracking code and also provide some variables you can add to your code.

Message 4 of 7

Hmmm.  I'm not sure which code to use.  I've already set up the pixel, but it's just setting the dynamic conversion values that I'm struggling with.  We don't have a "store".  We have a few donation pages that are self-hosted -- we got the code from our CRM to build the web forms.  I appreciate any suggestions you may have.  www.circlesgr.org

Message 5 of 7
Square

Ok, thanks for clarifying. Since you're using a third party service for your donations, they might be a better place to ask with how to get that information. I'm sure there's some way to get their scripting to tell Facebook's pixel donation amounts and other info relevant to tracking.

Message 6 of 7

Thanks for your feedback.  I've reached out to the 3rd party and they do not have any info on adding that to their code.  

I guess we'll just leave it for now.  

Message 7 of 7