x

How do I download my email list?

Is there a way to download list of emails from Weebly. I can't seem to see an obvious way to do it.

thanks in advance

Message 1 of 19
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Hi @DianeLeonard. Are you talking about email contacts? If so, they are in your Promote/Email Marketing tab. Under Groups>Contacts. You will have to export the csv file. 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Square

Best Answer

Hi @DianeLeonard. Are you talking about email contacts? If so, they are in your Promote/Email Marketing tab. Under Groups>Contacts. You will have to export the csv file. 

Message 2 of 19

This is exactly the same question I have.  The answer looks good, but I cannot find any "groups" anywhere.  Contacts, yes, but no groups.  And there is no csv file to export.

Do I need to upgrade just to get my emails out of Weebly?

I can copy and paste one by one, but that's crazy.  I already have over 170 emails from my Weebly promotion, and hope to get thousands more.  I can't be copying one at a time.

Please help.

Message 3 of 19
Square

What is the name of the site, @ama1437? I can take a look to see if the layout has changed. 

Message 4 of 19

@Bernadette wrote:

What is the name of the site, @ama1437? I can take a look to see if the layout has changed. 

I'm confused.  Are you asking for my site that leads to people giving their email address? If so, that is https://clgigoffer1.weebly.com/

I'm sure you've heard of eli5 which means explain it like I'm 5.  But I made up a new one eli75.  Kinda the same, but at the other end of the spectrum.  That's me.

What I'm after is a way to get all my responses into a csv.  And then, actually, hoping for that list to populate as they come in if possible.  But one step at a time.

Thanks

Message 5 of 19
Square

No problem, @ama1437! Try these steps:

1. From your Weebly dashboard, click on Marketing at the top

2. Click on "Contacts on the left to expand that sub menu

3. Click on "Mailing Lists"

4. Click on the "Form - Contact Form" entry so it opens that up

5. You should see an export button over to the right

Message 6 of 19

AWESOME!  That did it.  Thanks.

Seems so simple now. Heh.  How did I miss it?  Oh well.  It's all good.

Thanks again!

Message 7 of 19

So it took a day of waiting for Weebly to tell me.

Try Again Later

Sorry, your account is not eligible to use Promote quite yet!

Click here to return back to Weebly.

Quite frustrating to say the least.  This process has taken days to get through.  I'm just trying to get a follow up email sent to my 170 leads I got through Weebly.

Message 8 of 19

So I foolishly, instead of downloading the list, decided to just use Weebly to send out the follow up email.  Mistake. When I tried to send it out, I got the failure message and now cannot even access the list any more. 

Days are passing and my leads are getting colder and colder.  What is the resolution to this problem?

Message 9 of 19
Square

Did you already send out two campaigns, @ama1437? We let you send to campaigns for free, but after that you would need to upgrade.

Message 10 of 19

Nope. 

• Placed 1 ad in 8 cities on Craigslist through Weebly. All at the same time.
  • Got 171 responses in four or five days.
  • Wanted to send a follow up email. 
  • Had great difficulty finding the csv list.
  • When finally found, instead of downloading it, I discovered I could send the follow up through Weebly. 
  • Tried.
  • Failed.
  • And am now locked out of the Marketing tab.  

That's the entire story.

I had hoped to see at least one campaign though to the end before upgrading, but it looks like that is not in the cards.  Oh well.

Message 11 of 19
Square

Oh, I see the message you are getting. I'm not sure of the exact circumstances which cause that message to show. Can you contact our Customer Success team about the ineligible message you're seeing? 

https://www.weebly.com/app/help/

Message 12 of 19

What do you need to upgrade to? What is the cost? Thank you.

Cheryl

Message 13 of 19
Square

Hi @csmeadow Are you asking about the price for Promote? I assume that your response to this thread means you want to be able to send out email campaigns? Please let us know. Thanks! Smiley Happy 

Message 14 of 19

I am not seeing any export button there. 

Message 15 of 19
Square

From your account dashboard, go to Website > Overview, then click on form entries. When your entries load, you should see the export all button on the top right.

Message 16 of 19

Hi,

I have the same problem, trying to get my email list. I got to step 3  Click on "Mailing Lists" alright but I cannot see Step 4:  Click on the "Form - Contact Form" entry so it opens that up... I come to a page that has  Contacts such as Form- Newsletter and Members Yoga Moves and I can click on ALL CONTACTS  but then it only gives me the option to DELETE them and not EXPORT them? What am I missing, please? 

Thanks ever so much,

Trish x

Message 20 of 19
Square

Hi, @Trish

After going to Marketing > Mailing Lists on your dashboard, click on the "All Contacts" row in the list. That should load a detail page for all contacts which has the export button.

Message 20 of 19

I cannot seem to find this mailing list export option. Square/Weebly is getting so inconvenient and there isn't a live rep to troubleshoot this issue. Can someone get back to me on this? I have 700 people and want to export the list to Mailchimp and it is being a headache trying to find this export link. Seems like Square/Weebly coding tech are not doing their job improving the site. Too many glitches. 

Message 20 of 19