x

Promote email thumbnail doesn't appear

I have been sending multiple emails to my mailing list. Some thumbnail previews appear under Drafts and Sent, some do not. When the thumbnail isn't working, a white box is there in its place. The email otherwise appears to have sent fine and the image in the hero area is only 1.3MB. 

Any suggestions? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square

Do the emails that do use a thumb contain any image elements, @seattle_cc? I'm wondering if background images aren't used for the thumbnails and it only shows one if you've added images elsewhere to the email.

Message 2 of 6

A hero image is used in all of the emails that I've sent. I created the email I'm using from a template in Weebly's catalog - the "Monthly Newsletter" template under Announcements. I'm subscribed to the Promote Build Plan.

I'm copying and pasting the template each time, so even more reason why it's odd that some thumbnails display and others don't. 

Is it the size of the image I'm using? 

Message 3 of 6
Square

Hmm... probably not, actually. This seems like whatever is supposed to create a preview image hasn't done it yet for some reason. It's possible that making a copy of a copy is doing it, but I'm not sure.

Message 4 of 6

I've continued to experiment, starting a new email from another template. I have changed the background image in the hero, tweaked some copy, and saved a draft. Right after closing the email in progress, Promote takes me to my Drafts where I see a fill circle/progress indicator, which spins for a bit, then stops on a blank tile.

The email tile preview is blank when I change a template's background image. It's blank when I simply change the headline text and continue to use the template image that comes with it.

I really need to see the preview of my emails. Anything else you can suggest? 

Thanks.

Message 5 of 6
Square

I would contact our support team about this so they can take a look. It sounds like from you've described that it's just failing to generate a preview, and I don't think any changes you make will cause it to work. Hopefully it's not something too tricky to resolve.

Message 6 of 6