x

Unsubscribe not working

I'm a long-time user of Weebly but just started using Promote because I thought it would handle my contact list more seamlessly. So far I've sent three email and curiously noted that some of the same people unsubscribed all three times, so it's obviously having no effect. Those email address do not appear in the contact list shown on the web page; however if I export the contact list to Excel I can still see all the names and addresses of everyone that's unsubcribed. It appears that only the information going to the web browser display gets changed, and the actual contact list database remains unchanged. My expectation is that an unsubscribe should remove the email address from the contact list. If this is not correct and I still need to remove addresses manually I'll go back to the Direct Mail product.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square

Sorry for the delay, @finewatergems. I'm testing this in my account. When a user unsubscribes and you send an email through Promote do the unsubscribed users still receive an email? Can you post a link to your page with a signup form so I can sign up then unsubscribe? Thanks! 

Message 2 of 4

Hi Bernadette! Yes, even after a user unsubscribes they continue to get emails and several have tried to unsubscribe several times. Their email addresses cannot be found in the Contacts browser view but they remain in the Excel export file (albeit showing as unsubscribed). It would appear that new emails going out use the entire data file (both subscribed and unsubscribed), not just the subscribed subset. 

If you'd like to try it you can sign up for my newsletter at:

https://www.finewatergems.com/contact.html

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Thanks.

Message 3 of 4
Square

That's a pretty big issue... Okay, I've subscribed to the newsletter and also submitted a contact form. 

Message 4 of 4