x

Alt Text on Product Images

I can't seem to find any posts on this topic and that surprises me because alt text on product images would be incredibly useful for selling and I can not seem to figure out how to add it. Is this something that will be added in the future?

Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38

This is actually getting ridiculous. This has been an issue for over 2 years. WEEBLY PLEASE DO SOMETHING ASAP!!!!!! This is just one of MANY issues I and many others are having with product photos, including the inability to display photos on product pages (within categories) without cropping them all to same ratio. If you aren't going to create a fix for these problems then you need to allow your support team to assist with coding workarounds!

- Disgruntled AF

Message 13 of 39

Any more news on this subject from Weebly dev?

Message 13 of 39
Square

I haven't heard anything recently, although I'll pass this along again to the team.

Message 13 of 39

I am going to jump ship and stop using Weebly if this is not addressed soon. Does anyone happen to know if this issue has been resolved? 

Message 13 of 39
Square

Hi @emesa. I don't have any updated information, and I 100% understand your frustration! I'l see if Adam has more insight, but I'm sure he would have updated me already if he did. 

Message 13 of 39

Any development on that subject?
Message 13 of 39
Square

We haven't added this yet although this is definitely on our list of changes we want to make. 

Message 13 of 39

How long are we talking for this , there are loads off issues that need addressing with weebly and people will start leaving soon if things like this are not addressed myself being one of them 

Message 13 of 39
Square

I'm sorry for the frustration. I don't have any updates on this, but I'll see if I can find some more information for you. 

Message 13 of 39

...giving this thread a bump. There are more than one discussions on this topic. I very much wish that Weebly would get moving on this important and very basic SEO feature. Thank you.

Message 13 of 39

Any updates here? Very important and basic feature with no movement for too long. 

Message 13 of 39

I am actively and currently being sued because I am unable to add alt text all images on my website and a few other ADA reasons that Weebly will not address. Not having alt text on all images is non-compliant under ADA laws under Title III. Where is Weebly with information, updates or even communication and why is this taking so long?

Message 33 of 39
Square

I'm sorry to hear this is affecting your business. I still don't have any updates, but I can make sure to highlight the issue during our weekly feedback meeting with the product team. 

Message 33 of 39

Wher eis the update.  We are NOT ADA compliant and directly affects SEO optimization. 

UGGG

Message 33 of 39

Has alt text on product images been added yet?

Message 33 of 39

nope

Message 33 of 39

First time on the forum, found it looking into this particular issue. Absolutely incredible that this was highlighted in 2016 and has not been addressed.

Very very poor from Weebly.
Message 33 of 39

Just joined Weebly for my small business and realized I couldn't add alt text on my product pictures. Clearly Weebly doesn't have intentions of fixing this. 

Message 39 of 39