x

EVERYTHING in my SEO "Settings" page has DISAPPEARED!

I'm very frustrated with Weebly lately. For some reason, it appears they're playing games with me. After all, I'm the ONLY editor or person who logs in to the site, and I'm the only creator. But things keep mysteriously disappearing, etc. and it is NOT funny one bit. I mean, EVERYTHING in my SEO "Settings" page has DISAPPEARED! HOW???? That's one of the very FIRST things I set up! THEE most important~ and now I have to redo it? The text editor doesn't function 25% of the time, all kinds of weird glitches. Almost as if they keep switching servers on me? Mad at me b/c I don't pay for all the little "sparkles", etc? And yes - I clear/cleared cache/cookies, even did disk clean up on my machine, etc. And NO, I have NEVER CHANGED THEMES.

And my mobile pages were showing as they should, and now all of a sudden when I go to view the mobile layout, I can't even see it! ??? I get the error "This is a responsive theme, mobile options do not apply." HUH????? WHY???

I wish the man behind the curtain would quit toying with me and wasting my precious time!!! THIS IS UTTERLY ABSURD AND IRRESPONSIBLE OF WEEBLY. AND HERE, I JUST SUBSCRIBED TO ANOTHER YEAR????? 

Then when I went to submit this to the community forums, it told me I needed a user name. I ALREADY HAD a user name, (and I AM logged in), so WTH happened there too???? So THEN -- I ENTER MY USER NAME, and I get an error: 

An Unexpected Error has occurred.
Your request failed. Please contact your system administrator and provide the date and time you received the error and this Exception ID: 37FF74E2.
Click your browser's Back button to continue.

I have a SCREENSHOT showing I AM logged in as [user name].

**bleep**!!!!

- DM

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Square

Hi @WomanDi Sorry to hear you have had such a frustrating experience. What is your website name and what browser are you using? Do you have multiple accounts by any chance? 

Message 2 of 11

Hi Bernadette,

I am/was using Chrome, and I do not have multiple accounts. Apparently the problem "fixed itself" not long after I posted that. I'm going to have to keep a close eye on my stuff to make sure that doesn't happen again. But thanks for the reply. As of now, everything's good.

- DM

Message 2 of 11
Square

I'm very glad to hear everything is better now! 

Message 2 of 11

The same has happened to my site.  I chatted with Weebly rep and they say it's impossible for the SEO data to disappear when a theme has changed.  IMPOSSIBLE except it has happened more than once apparently.

Message 5 of 11
Square

Changing themes shouldn't affect that, although it's entirely possible that something else happened unrelated to changing themes which caused what you saw. If I recall correctly, the issue with this happening before was that the contents of those fields are intact but the editor was failing to fetch them for some reason. I would submit an email or chat case to our support team so they can escalate it for you, @PMOJOE.

Message 5 of 11

I am currently trying to access the SEO section in settings and its not there and i need to add to GA
Message 5 of 11
Square

Are you checking on the dashboard of your account or within the website editor, @core-e? I checked your site in the website editor and can see the those fields correctly.

Message 5 of 11

Spoiler
Help, everything in Settings/ SEO has gone. Hundreds of 301s. All the google code. everything.
Spoiler

Message 5 of 11
Square

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with this. It looks like  you have an open ticket for this, and a couple reps have accessed the account recently to troubleshoot. Hopefully they get this resolved soon! 

Message 5 of 11

We have had the same happen, hundreds of 301's just gone, all our coding, everything from the settings.

Message 11 of 11