x

How do I add my facebook pixel to the header area of my Weebly website?

how do I put an ad pixel code facebook ads in the site head?

thank you

Message 1 of 27
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

You should put the whole code that Facebook gives you on the 'Settings > SEO > Header Code' section of the website editor. After you do that, 'Save' the changes and publish the site and you should be good to go! Cat Happy

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

Have these instructions changed in any way, now that FB has moved to 1st party pixels?

Message 22 of 27

Hi, 

Ive followed these instructions a number of times.  I installed facebook pixel helper and an error code comes up that says  "We detected event code but the pixel has not activated for this event, so no information was sent to Facebook. This could be due to an error in the code, but could also occur if the pixel fires on a dynamic event such as a button click.".  

any help highly appreciated Smiley Happy

Message 22 of 27
Square

You might want to contact Facebook with that error, @PVZ. They might have a better idea of what is causing it, since we can't really troubleshoot third party code.

Message 22 of 27

Help!

I put this in my header section with the remainder FB pixel and then published the site.

<!-- Example -->
!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
<head>

. On the main page it shows this on the topmost left corner: !DOCTYPE html

I've noticed that it's only showing up on the pages that have images in the backdrop for example the welcome and faq page. 

www.coachingbyamna.com

How do I get rid of it? why is it showing? 

Message 22 of 27
Square

None of that code should be put into the Header Code field for your site, since the doctype, <html> tag, and <head> tag already exist in your page templates. I think Facebook includes that with their code to give you an idea of where to place the actual FB pixel code itself. You only want the <script></script> tags and everything in between those.

Message 22 of 27

Thanks, Adam Smiley Happy

Message 22 of 27