x

Need robots.txt help please!

Hey there!

My site is not being indexed by Google. When it's searched it comes up with "No information is available for this page"

Here's my robots.txt page:

Sitemap: https://www.jerseyshorehaunters.com/sitemap.xml

User-agent: NerdyBot
Disallow: /

User-agent: *
Disallow: /ajax/
Disallow: /apps/
Disallow: /about1.html
Disallow: /sandsmoke-nocturnes-podcast.html
Disallow: /mhome.html
Disallow: /meligibility.html
Disallow: /mlistennow.html
Disallow: /msubmitcontact.html
Disallow: /mhauntspast.html

I'm not quite sure what to make of it or how to go about fixing this. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thank you!

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Hi @JSHaunters. I did a quick Google site search and it seems like Google is indexing your site fine. The only pages they won't index are those specifically listed in your robots.txt file.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square

Best Answer

Hi @JSHaunters. I did a quick Google site search and it seems like Google is indexing your site fine. The only pages they won't index are those specifically listed in your robots.txt file.

Message 2 of 5

Hey, Adam,

Thanks for getting back! I guess I'm a little confused then: when I do a separate Google search on Chrome, Safari and Firefox I get this photo:image

It's been like that for several months. Is it supposed to be like that?

Message 2 of 5
Square

I wonder if Google cached that from some point after the domain was registered but before the site was published. That should get updated at some point when Google updates its index of the site, although it's hard to put a time frame on something like that.

Message 2 of 5

Okay, yeah I'll just wait it out. Thanks for your help, Adam!

Message 2 of 5