x

Pinterest Pin It Button is GONE

I've had the same code on the SEO tab (under Footer) for the Pin It button bascially since I've had my site but now it has stopped working. Is there new code I need to add?

Current code: <script async defer data-pin-hover="true" data-pin-tall="true" src="//assets.pinterest.com/js/pinit.js"></script>

Please help! I've tried deleting it and readding it. Publishing my site. I've tried from different browsers and on my phone. It was working yesterday and now it doesn't show up.

Any tips are greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square

Can you post a link to your website, @K_Star? I don't see anything particularly wrong with that code, but it might help to see it in action on a page of your site.

Message 2 of 8

@Adam Sorry about that! I always forget my link!

https://www.genymama.com

Message 2 of 8
Square

We're not able to troubleshoot custom code, but it looks like there's a ">" missing from the beginning of the code. Most code snippets I come across will have an opening and closing tag. ex: <script> </script> 

Can you post a link from the Pinterest page that has the instructions for adding the pin? 

Message 2 of 8

I am having the same problem; it was working perfectly until this week. I have tried re-entering code in both header and footer, to no effect.

Message 2 of 8
Square

Can you post a link to the website where you added the code, @RoG?

Message 2 of 8

Apologies for the delay in reply--due to health issues. However, while I have been out of action, the issue seems to have resolved itself. Obviously someting wrong at the Pinterest end. Thanks for your response.

Message 2 of 8
Square

Sorry to hear you've had some health issues, though I'm glad to see it's working again for you!

Message 2 of 8