x

How to make the logo bigger on the header

Hi there, 

I have been using Weebly for my website for ages and since Square took over Weebly, I needed to change the theme of my website to the new responsive one recently. 

I chose the "Travellin-Dusk2" theme, however, the logo on the top left hand corner at the header is very small. I checked the edit button but it does not change the logo size no matter what. Can anyone help? Thank you.

Rgds,

PW

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Orientplus 👋 Thanks for reaching out!

The theme you selected has a smaller area available for the logo height. This is true for the majority of the themes with the logo that is fixed on the left or right side of the editor. Do you happen to know the dimensions of your image? 

One theme you can select with less restrictions is Clean Lines. This theme has a center placement for the logo, and is better for larger sizes. 

Can you post a link to your website so we can take a look?

Message 2 of 4

@BernadetteA  Thank you for replying. 

I like the current theme "Travellin-Dusk2" that i am using cos it is a more business site and I need a formal outlook (I cannot find Cleanline on the other themes, but I dont think it is formal looking anyway). Everything is fine for this them just that the logo is way too small...

The website i am working on is www.businesstriptochina.com 

The dimension of the logo is 1498 (width) x 999 (height) pixels, 500 dpi. It worked previously with some weebly themes, but now not anymore...

Let me know what is the best thing i can do, thank you. 

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

The themes are just previews of the different types of websites you can make. All of the images and content will be replaced by your own, so don't feel like you are "stuck" with only this theme as professional looking. The only difference in themes is where the logo/navigation are placed, and fonts. However, fonts can be easily changed under Theme > Change Fonts.

The theme you are using does not have enough room to accommodate your file size. The size of the logo is in line with the navigation links, and I believe the max height is 40px but I will try to confirm. 

Clean Lines does not have a logo height or width limit which makes it best for larger logos. If you click on Themes > Change Themes, then click on the different theme tabs, you should see an example of Clean Lines on almost all of the categories. Look for the ones with the centered logo, and navigation listed underneath. You can also preview the theme before applying. All of your content should be available in the preview aside from (possibly) the header sections which you would need to recreate. 

Please let me know if you have trouble finding the option to view. 

Message 4 of 4